"Texas Heart Shot"???

Mtnhunter1

Does anyone have the history on the "Texas Heart Shot"?

It doesn't seem to matter what state the hunter calls home, they all seem to know what a "Texas Heart Shot" is. I was floored that the "Texas Heart Shot" came up a few weeks ago while I was talking with a young man in New Zealand. Seems that the "Texas Heart Shot" is sometimes used to anchor tahr from pushing off of an accessible ledge. I passed this information on to my wife and she asked me the question, Where did the "Texas Heart Shot" saying come from? I couldn't answer her question!

So I will ask the HT world! Where did "Texas Heart Shot" originate? Do The good folks from Texas prefer shooting critters in the ass, or, are they just trying to "get lead in them..... anyway that they can?

Photo: Montana bull from last September..... 100% "Texas Heart Shot"!

IMG_7802.jpg

Does anyone have the history on the "Texas Heart Shot"?

It doesn't seem to matter what state the hunter calls home, they all seem to know what a "Texas Heart Shot" is. I was floored that the "Texas Heart Shot" came up a few weeks ago while I was talking with a young man in New Zealand. Seems that the "Texas Heart Shot" is sometimes used to anchor tahr from pushing off of an accessible ledge. I passed this information on to my wife and she asked me the question, Where did the "Texas Heart Shot" saying come from? I couldn't answer her question!

So I will ask the HT world! Where did "Texas Heart Shot" originate? Do The good folks from Texas prefer shooting critters in the ass, or, are they just trying to "get lead in them..... anyway that they can?

Photo: Montana bull from last September..... 100% "Texas Heart Shot"!

View attachment 320385
Your avatar photo is suspect.

I have shot the odd animal running straight away. But they have always been wounded prior to this point. I usually try to shoot them in the back of the head or neck vs square in the middle of the butt

It is effective. And I've heard the expressions for years. No idea where the term came from though.

Urban dictionary is your friend:

Urban dictionary is your friend:
Check out the Montana musket.🤣

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back