Colorado Novice

Ok, so a little about me. I am originally from Alaska and had a very active huntsman of father, but at a young age was moved to Colorado. When I was little I went on a couple hunting trips with my dad but not enough to really learn the ins and outs. Now several years later my wife decided she really wanted to get into big game hunting but has no idea what shes doing either. I agreed with her as its something ive wanted to do for a long while. Being law enforcement, and my wife medical, we are both outdoorsy people we have all the gear, licenses, and weapons necessary for the hunt but know absolutely nothing about hunting, and even less about hunting in Colorado. My wife and I started talking to my dad about everything and was getting him back involved and was going to have him take us out on our first ever hunt, however he sadly passed in a work accident in Texas in December. I am trying desperately and Hoping to find that mentor who can help us overcome the obstacle of not knowing how to hunt or where to hunt for various big game.

Thanks so much!
I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I apologize if I am late to your post. I had a ton of trouble figuring that out, but I found some success pulling a lot of Colorado Parks and Wildlife data. I ended up turning it into a website to help out people that are unaware of where to hunt and how much success they could have. Colorado State Hunt Let me know what you think.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you're successful becoming comfortable in all aspects of hunting. There's lots of info out there and someone else already said that it's mainly about getting the meat into a bag. It doesn't have to look pretty. I learn best after I've been bloodied, bruised or experienced intense suffering. There's usually a bright side of things.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back