Yeti GOBOX Collection

School/Mass shootings what's the answer?

Friend made great point last night about social media and with 301 posts on this thread we are all enabling. Social media brings together but isolates and some individuals slide into oblivion and then we all suffer their disassociation, hostility and mental condition.

Lots of good people on this site with more in common than differences. That said our real relationships and communities are neglected when we spend time on our debates. As men we need to look for opportunities to engage these kids through sports, scouts, friends or however we might offer role models and relationships which keep them on the right track and be willing to get involved when we see them sliding out of society.

Troy out!

I have avoided this thread. There is not a concise answer.

My thoughts, as many have stated, is concealed carry for All school employees.

Secondly, make the penalty a public execution. Death by hanging or electric chair.

Guns have very little with the conversation. Eliminate assault rifles, then the only one with assault rifles are the criminals.

Stop the sensationalism of the media. Report it and stop. To be a media star is part of the attraction.

Anyone casually or serious contemplating a shooting should be jailed and not wait for the action. The contemplation should be a crime and have a serious penalty.

Off my soap box!

Secondly, make the penalty a public execution. Death by hanging or electric chair.

Guns have very little with the conversation. Eliminate assault rifles, then the only one with assault rifles are the criminals.

Stop the sensationalism of the media. Report it and stop. To be a media star is part of the attraction.

Anyone casually or serious contemplating a shooting should be jailed and not wait for the action. The contemplation should be a crime and have a serious penalty.

Off my soap box!

CC is not going to happen for all employees, as it would have to be voluntary and it would be doubtful to get 10% carrying in many of the schools where this stuff is happening. Death penalties, especially like you have mentioned, do not deter people who are wacko from doing bad things. Even if "assault" rifles, and I abhor that term, were banned there is no way that the millions of them that are out there already or any other semi automatics that are out there now will be given up by a larger percentage of their owners. There is also no way that LE will go to individual homes to take them away as that would only be a death sentence for many LEs given that task because there are more nuts out there in our society that most people can possibly imagine!

Topgun.

With all respect, It should be mandatory.

If you are not available, to support your students. Get out the profession.

Appreciate your reply.

Topgun.

Appreciate your reply.

Teachers
didn't get hired into their profession to carry guns like they are Leos! They were hired to teach kids of varying ages, etc. and making it mandatory for them to carry a handgun while employed, especially in public schools, isn't going to happen.

Off my soap box!

Mandatory Concealed Carry for civilians?
Public Execution?
Policing and prosecuting bad thoughts?
Maybe replacing one perception of sensationalism with another???
Wow, dude - you just maybe described a vision of "Controlled-Chaos-Murika"

Gotta' stop watching this one with side show fascination and go back through the landscapes pictures thread............

Topgun.

Appreciate your reply.

Bobbydean we gotta realize here most teachers do not and have not went into a teaching career to also be a swat officer while teaching. Sure I know teachers just as qualified to CC as anyone around but we are talking 1%.
Public executions will never fly in America no question about that.
We gotta be realistic here with solutions. And I'll say again Buzz is probably got the right answer build more caskets.
I do like the idea of making all these type weapons class lll. It makes them much harder to get but we would need to close the loop holes we have danced around for decades now or it's not practical.

Well, this article started out on a predictable script and then just got nasty: http://www.firearmsnews.com/network...heres-plenty-we-could-do-about-mass-shootings

This type of publication is just not helping sportsmen - even if you oppose even the slightest regulation.

I thought he brought up some good points. Why can't we have that discussion abt psychiatric meds? It has been a factor in a lot of these shootings. Why do school zones have to be defenseless?

Topgun.

Appreciate your reply.

Sending a lightly trained civilian with cc permit and a 9 up a against a shooter with obvious mental issues and a semi auto RIFLE sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I thought he brought up some good points. Why can't we have that discussion abt psychiatric meds? It has been a factor in a lot of these shootings. Why do school zones have to be defenseless?

In real estate it is location, location, location. In politics and civil discourse it is tone, tone, tone - and this author is tone deaf - and this doesn't help us.

Think Samuel Jackson summed it up pretty well.

I love it how celebrity opinions don't matter, unless.....

Here is Sam going toe to toe with the View, interesting. They must have run out of room on the page for more of the quote. (only 40 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSWeEQdA6PQ

BTW, I don't know how to fix the problem.....much like many of the people posting their thoughts on this thread.

Maybe it is violent movies? ;-)
Samuel-L-Jackson-Pulp-Fiction-645x370.jpg

I love it how celebrity opinions don't matter, unless.....

Here is Sam going toe to toe with the View, interesting. They must have run out of room on the page for more of the quote. (only 40 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSWeEQdA6PQ

BTW, I don't know how to fix the problem.....much like many of the people posting their thoughts on this thread.

Maybe it is violent movies? ;-)
Samuel-L-Jackson-Pulp-Fiction-645x370.jpg

Suppose it depends on the celebrity... ;)
Matt Damon? Charlize Theron? Wait... Maybe Shockey? Heh! As with any of us, we all have our opinions... Thought for a brief statement, his is a pretty sound opinion.

We had cowboy & Indian shoot flicks before. Flathead cowboys were not going to Browning indian schools and shooting each other up...
As snowflake sensations advanced via social media and kids had Xbox one fast paced desecitized first person shooters with a mother and father divorce rate increasing to now where young ones via MTV create television stars prego at age 14 and other lost family value, respect for fellow humans down the shitzer,

Hell Norway had a nut job hell bent on slaughtering young ones amongst tight gun laws... China had a cleaver driven wacko go slingin... I agree "guns don't kill, people do".. it is a popular quote because it is true. (From my perspective, not as w one stating fact for you nitpickers) too many aspects involved though the quote by Samuel Jackson holds truth. Hell, if you, MTMiller stated that, I would have quoted you for the statement. Celeb or not, opinions are just that. ;)

Think Samuel Jackson summed it up pretty well.

View attachment 80352
What the hell - I'll nitpick. After all, this is just the internet......
The video Miller posted expanded on this quote from "another celebrity":rolleyes:........ Watch the video Sytes.
"nobody needs machine gun if your not in the army" (take the context....) Or use it to your benefit.
Either a nice cherry pick or an interesting little unintended coincidental slip up..........
Just watched, on the news, a shitload of people in the streets - "liberal" protesters. Lots of 'em. Appreciate your rights like hell boys and girls, cuz someday we might really be missing some of them......
We better wake the %#$@ up.

As snowflake sensations advanced via social media and kids had Xbox one fast paced desecitized first person shooters with a mother and father divorce rate increasing to now where young ones via MTV create television stars prego at age 14 and other lost family value, respect for fellow humans down the shitzer,

Helluva sentence..............

Last edited:
What the hell - I'll nitpick. After all, this is just the internet......
The video Miller posted expanded on this quote from "another celebrity":rolleyes:........ Watch the video Sytes.
"nobody needs machine gun if your not in the army" (take the context....) Or use it to your benefit.
Either a nice cherry pick or an interesting little unintended coincidental slip up..........
Just watched, on the news, a shitload of people in the streets - "liberal" protesters. Lots of 'em. Appreciate your rights like hell boys and girls, cuz someday we might really be missing some of them......
We better wake the %#$@ up.

Helluva sentence..............

A largemouth? Prep to set the hook or let 'em swallow?
I did not disagree with, rather expounded on his own. MMiller is not a nitpicker type, onpoint. He's rather genuine in his comments. Dang it, think I pulled the hook right outta that fishy's mouth... Tough to wait to set the hook. :)

You live in an interesting world Sytes. If I remember correctly, we do both like to fish though;).
Sincerely and carry on,
Disingenuous Nitpicking Concerned Benelli Montefeltro Semi Automatic Shotgun Owner......

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back