Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

School/Mass shootings what's the answer?

The cost of running a school district keeps getting more and more expensive—more kids, more technology that needs more-or-less constant updating, cost of living increases, aging infrastructure, etc. The tax money we get barely cuts it. I spend my own money on stuff for my kids and classroom regularly.

I held the same curiosity as Zach regarding Lottery $ and now the massive influx of marijuana sales tax...
Here is an interesting article on this and where the $ routes. Example, Colorado.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.coloradoan.com/amp/100367800

I thought I was out of this one, but.....

Lawnboy's original title, 280 posts back, was school/mass shootings, what's the answer. I haven't seen what I consider a definitive answer here., nor can I provide one.
However, this morning I was driving to work. Passed a bunch of kids at the bus stop, waiting to go to school like they do every ordinary day. Actually had a chill down the spine.
When I was a kid waiting for the bus, I nor my parents ever entertained a thought anywhere near the thoughts kids and their parents must have to today. I can't imagine......

A good discussion to start, Bart. I got nothing else.

I thought I was out of this one, but.....

Lawnboy's original title, 280 posts back, was school/mass shootings, what's the answer. I haven't seen what I consider a definitive answer here., nor can I provide one.
However, this morning I was driving to work. Passed a bunch of kids at the bus stop, waiting to go to school like they do every ordinary day. Actually had a chill down the spine.
When I was a kid waiting for the bus, I nor my parents ever entertained a thought anywhere near the thoughts kids and their parents must have to today. I can't imagine......

A good discussion to start, Bart. I got nothing else.
Quite a kick in the gut to read that many of them were 14, just like my son. Yeah, I know, I should go worry about hammers because they are statistically more dangerous.

Bottom line is we've had 18 school shootings since the beginning of this year, that's 18 too many. I don't have the answer because this can be a complex issue but something needs to be done I unfortunately do not know the answer to that.

Ok, ,here a solution to protect schools and other buildings. a friend who does security put me on to this. He toured this facility liked what he saw. It's non lethal, so it can be deployed if it even looks like trouble and no one is permanently harmed

Maybe not perfect but a good first step:
"A remotely deployed threat suppression system that drenches the perp with a repulsive solution, impairing their ability to enact violence"

http://www.crotega.com/#glimpse-of-sentre

Or just google Crotega

It will at least turn the discussion towards safety and maybe not as much towards guns

Best of all, it alleviates the discussion/debate of whether to arm someone in a school

In case some of you aren't scrolling through all of the pages, I'd like to hear some inpuy from LEOs on this.

Give the teachers bean bag shotguns and UDAP, better than laying there and getting shot. These guys are cowards, my guess is any possibility of confrontation is a deterrant.

In case some of you aren't scrolling through all of the pages, I'd like to hear some inpuy from LEOs on this.

It's a good idea in theory it seems. The first thing I see is with proper protective equipment it can probably be beat and only hamper 1st responders and other people in the area. Secondly the system itself could be the first point of attack and be beat. It appears okay if it is as advertised on site. It's something to look at but like anything else it could probably be beat in the long run. I could imagine cost is up there along with maintenance.

The cost of running a school district keeps getting more and more expensive—more kids, more technology that needs more-or-less constant updating, cost of living increases, aging infrastructure, etc. The tax money we get barely cuts it. I spend my own money on stuff for my kids and classroom regularly.

Back when I lived in CA and the lottery was being introduced and pitched for approval, the theme of more money for schools was used heavily. Guess that wasn’t exactly true.

I spend my own money for my kids classroom too, they’re homeschooled...

My friend sums it up pretty well on his blog.

https://jakemosher.com/blogs/news/national-tragedy

That is good stuff. I also believe it could be a start to controlling this madness better. If nothing it gives a cooling off period for several months. It does not change millions already out there though and the only answer I know to that is make private sales illegal unless through an ffl. Huge loop hole in gun control that's a fact. We've all done it me included most guy's use common sense other could care less and are just making money the later kills people in the end.

Throw "absolutes" and "God" out of society and all things become legal to whoever holds the power!

What about something as simple as employing veterans as school guards. Many have training in urban setting, are proficient with weapons. Yes there will need to be training and guidelines but there may be multiple benefits for both students and vets. From what I read many are seeking a purpose and what better purpose than protecting our kids.

The point I was making is GUNS do not COMMIT MURDERS .

I think we are all smart enough to know that. But this is the exact mentality that if we as sportsman keep hiding behind we are going to lose big time.
Guns do kill that's a FACT! Guns where designed for killing things. The idiot didn't kill 17 students with a fork,phone,car,rock, or his good looks did he?

Some of you guys better be thinking of solutions instead of being a brick wall that a tank is going to run over sooner rather than later. Bottom line is people are dang sick and tired of watching children die at school and it's too a boiling point. What happens next hopefully us as sportsman and gun owners can at least have some influence. We are by far a minority in this issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back