Spooked and Humbled

Dude, I'm glad you're still kickin' and glad you said you were sweating when you got back to the truck. Just think if you'd have broken through and broke something? Shit man.

My spooky incident was similar, fell through the ice duck hunting, but had a bit further to go to get back to the truck. Trying to get/stay warm I really pushed myself too hard and became exhausted, then couldn't get my pace up enough to stay warm. When I got the truck I was numb, couldn't remember where my keys were, then couldn't get my hands to use them to unlock the truck. I ended up breaking out a window, but then struggled to get the keys turned in the ignition. I kept wanting to go to sleep and deal with it later. But I eventually got it going and even with the broken window the heater finally warmed me enough to function again. F-in' terrifying.

Dude, I'm glad you're still kickin' and glad you said you were sweating when you got back to the truck. Just think if you'd have broken through and broke something? Shit man.

My spooky incident was similar, fell through the ice duck hunting, but had a bit further to go to get back to the truck. Trying to get/stay warm I really pushed myself too hard and became exhausted, then couldn't get my pace up enough to stay warm. When I got the truck I was numb, couldn't remember where my keys were, then couldn't get my hands to use them to unlock the truck. I ended up breaking out a window, but then struggled to get the keys turned in the ignition. I kept wanting to go to sleep and deal with it later. But I eventually got it going and even with the broken window the heater finally warmed me enough to function again. F-in' terrifying.

Holy smokes, you were far closer to the brink than me. That is scary as hell.

Oh man......clock was ticking....

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back