Rain,better late than never...

Finally !! Long overdue, and a beautiful sight. Hank on a side note, our local Rouses Market got in a load of Hatch chiles, and they roasted a case for me. I made some green chile for some omelettes and burgers, it came out great. Not as good as Fina's in Chama, but it will have to do until I get back up there in 6 weeks. Good luck this season.

Last edited:
Agreed great to see the rains. Better late than never. Wish I had a hunt down in 16's or 15 this year. Caja del Rio Plateau has finally greened up outside of Santa Fe .

A week of sun & it is getting very green in these parts.The High Plains are happy!!
Looks like a week or 2 of rain coming Fri.....maybe into Oct.,just in time for folks to get some Catron mud for elk opener.
Just saw a chile roaster on a trailer yesterday...they will be in town soon working for Quemado school.

Hank, I’m on the bike in the Red River/Taos area this weekend. Think there’s afternoon showers forecasted. This cool dry mountain air is glorious.

Gramma grass is growingend aug 18 014.JPGend aug 18 013.JPGaug 18 014.JPG

Attachments

• aug 18 019.JPG
    aug 18 019.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 237
  • aug 18 028.JPG
    aug 18 028.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
I'm glad you guys got your rains but here around Lake Almanor in NE Calif, rain can come with lightning. Our Forests are dry as popcorn this year, a lightning storm could cause the whole mountain range to go up in smoke. As much as we'd like to get some moisture, there's mixed feelings on the subject in these parts.

Still very little rain in central Az.A couple of good Monsoons that blew down fences and trees,and removed a few roofs.Sept 1st.Out go the Monsoons and the Whitewings:cool:

I could use a little precision drought right now. Got soaked duck hunting yesterday. Gonna happen again in a few minutes.

A friend from Wyoming sent me this pic from the front of his house. The puddle is from watering the yard. The doe looks like she needs to eat more.

uYdPT2Y.jpg

Last edited:
That doe does not look too good.

Here's some just after last nights downpour...

rain18 074.JPG

rain18 076.JPG

rain18 078.JPG

rain18 083.JPG

Supposed to rain here in Central Iowa off and on all week. Glad I'm leaving for Wyoming.

That doe does not look too good.

Here's some just after last nights downpour...

Not the best example, but in Wyoming is it allowed to put suffering critters out of their misery? I was told that in WY if you harvest a critter that isn't healthy that you don't have to accept it. You'll need a GW to condemn it tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back