Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

monsoons

Cloudy, cool start to the day. If we warm up much, kinda betting on some more thunderbumpers. Good soaking yesterday all over the area up here, we can use lots more. Concert-goers were disappointed, the storm at about 8pm closed them down, but I consider it a good trade.

David
NM

Cloudy, cool start to the day. If we warm up much, kinda betting on some more thunderbumpers. Good soaking yesterday all over the area up here, we can use lots more. Concert-goers were disappointed, the storm at about 8pm closed them down, but I consider it a good trade.

David
NM
Flash flood warnings up across the north of NM today. Burn scar trouble.

Flash flood warnings up across the north of NM today. Burn scar trouble.
Just saw that they moved the warnings from 3pm to noon. Better go pull weeds and cut my little grass patch pretty soon. Not something most Nortenos will do, but will carry my umbrella when I go to the grocery this afternoon. Temps are nice, too - gets real hot in the garage at workout time, today will be pleasant (leaving me no excuse).

David
NM

Just saw that they moved the warnings from 3pm to noon. Better go pull weeds and cut my little grass patch pretty soon. Not something most Nortenos will do, but will carry my umbrella when I go to the grocery this afternoon. Temps are nice, too - gets real hot in the garage at workout time, today will be pleasant (leaving me no excuse).

David
NM
76, breezy and raining on Mangas Mtn. maybe here soon. Rained a bit in Quemado getting mail and checking new cell.

Waiting for it to get wet before trenching my drive to the runouts, when the deluge comes off the newly graded road. LOL
More water down that draw.

Grumbling now out there.
Rio on his bed...he's no dummy. LOL

With a little over a month to go, not a good season here.
Less than 2 inches this year to date. But still greener than it was.
Sunflowers are going to seed and the Goldfinches have moved in.
A week of low chances here with 90's again.
Still some parts of NM have gotten flooded.

With a little over a month to go, not a good season here.
Less than 2 inches this year to date. But still greener than it was.
Sunflowers are going to seed and the Goldfinches have moved in.
A week of low chances here with 90's again.
Still some parts of NM have gotten flooded.
The monsoons are patiently waiting for me to set up camp. ;)

How's the Temps over there mid day hank? We finally got some small showers here and the days arnt getting so hot anymore
I was 74 on Sat.
89 on Sun., 90 yesterday...AC back on during the day.
Hit and miss north of the Gila this week it looks. 4 corners needs it bad.
Some tanks drying and some places puddles standing.
The usual Odd NM Rains. LOL
Big bands of green and gold across the high plains.

I was 74 on Sat.
89 on Sun., 90 yesterday...AC back on during the day.
Hit and miss north of the Gila this week it looks. 4 corners needs it bad.
Some tanks drying and some places puddles standing.
The usual Odd NM Rains. LOL
Big bands of green and gold across the high plains.
Cool deal. Hopefully it's not hitting 95 like it did last time I was over there in sept.

Almost 2" this summer,bummer.
Had 10" this time last year.
Still a chance today.50%.
Day 2 of bow hunts.
Quite still.

Don who hunted here 3 years ago is camped on the other side of the mesa. Had a bull come to 30 ft yesterday,and only saw feet. He went away with some cows...not blown. Don was all grins at 3pm still.

NE CA has 1 inch of rain forecast for today.

I'm seeing more Monsoon like activity in our area than I remember in my younger days...

1693675934840.png

Fond memories of summer thunderstorms in the Sierra's. Had 2 feet of snow dumped on me many times,gone the next day.

No burning mens.
But I jumped into most every beach,lake and stream neked I visited back in the day.

Got some light showers at sunset.
No rains til next week.
Clear and hot all week.

Looks like UT ,CO and parts north get some now.
NV got dumped on, for NV.
1/2 inch puts out the fire of burning whatever and the Vegas strip floods.

8 days until the journey westward, at least I won't be cold....

Screenshot_20230903_075036_Chrome.jpg

It came down hard in northern Nevada today heading out tomorrow to try and fill my antelope tag going to be rough with all this rain.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back