Rage 3 blade any good?

No doubt.. Chuckie is right - they do cut a massive hole, but...

I've killed three deer in the two years I've used the Rage - 3 blade. The first two were at such angles that I gave the limited penetration the benefit of doubt..

The third deer, my buck last fall - was a 25 yard slightly angling away shot from a tree stand. I feel I hit the buck perfectly and the arrow should have exited behind any shoulder or leg bones, but didn't exit at all...

When the deer ran off, I could see the arrow had penetrated the rib cage, but failed to cut through the hide... thus, no exit hole for blood to escape. We struggled at times to follow the blood trail, even though I heard the deer expire from my tree stand (about 100 yards away)

For this reason, I am either going back to muzzy or something similar for this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0807[1].JPG
    IMG_0807[1].JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 2,563
Last edited:
Oh man I wish these horror stories had come out before I let the local pro shop guy talk me into trying these for next year. Although it seems as if the three blade seem to be the problem. He did sell me the two blade.

I think I am just gonna limit my "possible problems" and get a fixed blade broadhead I suppose...I am going to have to try and figure out which ones to go with quickly so I can be erady for this season.

I shot one buck with a 3-blade. Blew right through him and made for quite the bloodbath. I've also shot a few deer with the 2-blade version. I have a friend that shoots 3 blades and has passed through every animal he has shot with em.

I've never had any issue with Rage like others have. That being said, I don't shoot them anymore since G5 came out with the T3. I LOVE these heads.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back