Yeti GOBOX Collection

Pending Non Typical MT State Record Elk

For those that have been mislead.

Area 310. The internet doesn't lie. Guaranteed 400 inch bull. Everybody go apply.

Last edited:
Just wanted to clear things up with this bull. I have heard everything from 380,310 the front etc. Got to love the old inner web....So here is the truth, this bull was taken by my friends brothers neighbors ex-wifes barbers dad. It was shot in Utah. So all of you of state hunters, need to apply and hunt over that way. This bull was shot 30 years ago and is just now making the web, do to this guy not knowing anything about the internet or even what it was. Also this bull might go 300 but 440 NO way, I know I have taken four bulls over 500..Don't believe me fine, but I had dinner with guys brothers friend last year, so you know this story is legit :D...Doubt the real truth will ever come out, but a great bull anyways.

Greenhorn, I just mentioned about what a sight it used to be with the elk and big bull memories in that area, did not say anything about hunting the area "pre wolf era". Got to admit I loved the 380 persuasion tactic at the start of the thread. Big Sky was busy Monday morning with the big bull show.

Huge bull. Should retitle this thread how to turn a 0.6% draw odds unit into a .006% draw odds unit.

this is perfect though, now the odds in the other units will go up:)

"So your sayin theres a chance" !!! AWESOME

Awesome bull no doubt, looks like the wolves haven't eaten all yellowstones elk after all:)

It is a tank, my buddy drank with the guys the day before in the bar. He was regretting passing on a 370 bull...guess it worked out...and it was non-guided, guy was scared he was going to eat his tag.

Now there is a true line of garbage.........Passing on a true 370 bull in Montana, just about rolled my eyes right out of my head..

I heard unit 250 the day after the season closed. He passed on a 410 incher the weekend before.

Read it on the internet.

This has been flying under the radar, but his partner got this world record bear in 380.
bearhunt1_small.jpg
bearhunt2_small.jpg

Last edited:
Info from good source says HD 310-20 one-of-five permits with bull taken just north of YNP up a Gallatin drainage last afternoon of the season. Initial official non-typical elk score of 423, shy of the Montana record score of 429. Nonetheless a great bull!

a 220 class muley :eek:

most people don't realize that this great, high demand elk unit is really a migratory hunt!

It sure is a great migratory hunt, but it's so much more than that. If I ever draw that permit I'd use my PTO up well before any migrating starts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back