Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Pending Non Typical MT State Record Elk

I grew up just down the road from this area/elk dist. The migration was an awesome time to watch thousands of elk. Lots of good memories of monster bulls. Pre-wolf era of course. It's never been the same as the '70's, '80's and '90's though.

It is a tank, my buddy drank with the guys the day before in the bar. He was regretting passing on a 370 bull...guess it worked out...and it was non-guided, guy was scared he was going to eat his tag.

As if that was going to be a secret with YNP in the background of the top photo and 10 million texts going around yesterday with the details in it.

Sheesh I need to finally break free from raghorn central and try somewhere new.

I grew up just down the road from this area/elk dist. The migration was an awesome time to watch thousands of elk. Lots of good memories of monster bulls. Pre-wolf era of course. It's never been the same as the '70's, '80's and '90's though.

"Pre-wolf era" there was no hunting allowed there.

Yeah it def. looks like an elkhorns bull, they always kill one or two monsters in there every year. my dad had that tag about 10 years ago, and ended up eating it, lots of pressure on public land that always screwed us up. I apply for it every year, but like the others said, the draw odds will be astronomical next year. Great bull though, congrats to the hunter for sure.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ca_centralcoast_hunter
Back