Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Amazing bruin @The Hedgehog, but even more astounding is the photoshop work! (Addition and a subtraction, very nice!)

I loved the lower incisor shot in your aging question. The enamel/dentin wear goes so far down into the dentin, that all can see the sclerosed pulp (nerve space) showing in the center part of the tooth mass. In humans with this kind of wear a significant percentage of them would require endodontics (root canal treatment).

So was having a few beers with a Nonhunting friend over the weekend. And told him I was going on a bear hunt in a week.

He was curious and told him I told him a bit about it.

He straight up says. You should just carry a couple pounds of bacon with you and fry it up one day. Probably have them running to you.

After a quick laugh. I realized that it might just be crazy enough to work. Ha

Not surprised at all with the closures. Last year I swore I was done hunting 520 with how many people I saw. Mostly on weekends though. Well come a year later and when I suddenly have a couple days to steal away from obligations mid week….sure why not. Saw several different states license plates and pumpkins all over the place. Ima slow learner

I would love your guys’ insight with this: I just spent 4 days glassing HARD in an area that is known to hold bears. Picked apart several drainages for hours. Put dozens of steep miles on my boots. All the hillsides I focused on looked about like this in terms of greenup and flowers, with plenty of timber patches for cover, and water in every bottom. I turned up elk and deer, but no bears. Didn’t even see any sign, on old logging roads, in creek bottoms, etc.

I am new to spring bear hunting, and it’s hard to try to figure out what went wrong. The area did experience a dip in temperature from 60s to 40s just before I arrived, and it was fairly windy, could it be as simple as that being the problem? All the elk I saw were in timber and mostly bedded, although the deer were all over.

I know April is early, but the landscape looked like it was a bit ahead.

I want to feel like a better hunter coming out of this trip, but I don’t exactly know what lesson I learned here, except for the fact that it’s possible to find perfect bear habitat without any bears. Any similar experiences, this year or otherwise?
View attachment 324614
Give it a week from today and go back if you can and you'll be golden:)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back