Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New hunting rifle addition

View attachment 318453

Finished project, got the scope on today. Would love to go sight it in but the crown land I go it shoot on here in ‘Berta is all dirt roads in the mountains and still in winter conditions, so that’ll have to wait a couple weeks
What is the final weight of the rifle once you got it all put together? I like the over all look, nice!

Had a Browning X Bolt Western LRH in 6.5CM before i picked this one up. Well-built rifle, but the trigger was garbage and theres basically no aftermarket support for Browning besides trigger kits.
I was looking at the timney xbolt triggers. Had them in 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 pds factory setting.

26" plus the 2" muzzle brake. A few other calibers are 26" as well, with some being 24"

1:9 twist rate for the 7RM
Lucky!!!!

I really wish Weatherby would put a 1:9 twist barrel on their 7mm WBY Mag rifles!!
I'm stuck with a 1:10 twist.

Nice rifle. Let us know how it shoots.

Check out aaoptics if you want a vortex. Theyre refurb - but nothing wrong and still carry the warranty. You could get a lot nicer (pst 2 or lht) for not much more than a strike eagle at a retail store.

From what I've been reading on this forum, almost all Vortex scopes must be refurbished at some point. Or replaced.

From what I've been reading on this forum, almost all Vortex scopes must be refurbished at some point. Or replaced.
I've got at least 3 Vortex Crossfire IIs that i've been using at least 10 years with zero issues.

The only scopes sent in for warranty is the 4 Burris Fullfields i have.
At least one adjustment on each is extremely hard to move.
2 of them is the magnification ring.
Stiff enough that I worry about twisting the scope in the rings.

I've got at least 3 Vortex Crossfire IIs that i've been using at least 10 years with zero issues.

The only scopes sent in for warranty is the 4 Burris Fullfields i have.
At least one adjustment on each is extremely hard to move.
2 of them is the magnification ring.
Stiff enough that I worry about twisting the scope in the rings.
The Vortex line seems to be right in there behind Leupold? I still cant make my mind up yet.

The Vortex line seems to be right in there behind Leupold? I still cant make my mind up yet.
Leupolds are also known for a wandering zero. Everybody has their brand they like and love pointing out the failures of other brands. Just human nature to be tribalistic. They're all serviceable scopes.

I got a "New" Burris Fullfield 2 6.5 x 20 for $117 delivered this week. Like the ballistic mil dot duplex. Got lucky on Ebay. Made a ridiculous offer and they accepted. Have not mounted it yet, might be a reason to buy another rifle. Sure, the adjustments turn a little stiff but maybe that means the O rings are sealing. I did make the mistake of buying one Fullfield 4 and will not do again. Seems like they are made in China now. The Philippine ones work great for me.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back