Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New hunting rifle addition

What was on TV? It looked like some sort of sport with a floor made of ice.....
Strange.

Nice rifle. I been looking at the same rifle in 280AI. I didnt care too much for the long mag. A guy told me they make a 3 shot mag dont stick out. Everything esle i like about the rifle. I live in the south. We dont have long shots. I wont need the 5 shot one. Looking forward to your post. See how u like it.

Nice rifle. I been looking at the same rifle in 280AI. I didnt care too much for the long mag. A guy told me they make a 3 shot mag dont stick out. Everything esle i like about the rifle. I live in the south. We dont have long shots. I wont need the 5 shot one. Looking forward to your post. See how u like it.
Its compatible with any Magpul/AICS mag so you can get whatever size mag you want for it. I don't mind the long mag personally. Yeah I can't wait to shoot it, the pic rail has taken forever to arrive since I'm in Canada and limited by where i can order form but should be here today, gonna take it out shooting this weekend.

So u can find one that dont stick out? I like everything about it. But that long mag. I been looking everywhere for a xbolt speed 280AI. Out of stock no longer being made. So its going to be.
Weatherby 307
Mark 5 hunter
Savage ultralite

So u can find one that dont stick out? I like everything about it. But that long mag. I been looking everywhere for a xbolt speed 280AI. Out of stock no longer being made. So its going to be.
Weatherby 307
Mark 5 hunter
Savage ultralite
You would have to find like a three round mag, or see if they make flush mags for it.

IMG_3912.jpeg
Put the pic rail on finally, hard to find one that fit as they only offer the Peak44 rail for it and I can’t order it in Canada. Talley makes one though but also can’t order to Canada. Thankfully pic rails made for the stiller predator fit it. Can’t wait to throw on glass on Friday.

Weatherby 307
Mark 5 hunter
Savage ultralite

Not the Speed, but....

Not the Speed, but....
Had a Browning X Bolt Western LRH in 6.5CM before i picked this one up. Well-built rifle, but the trigger was garbage and theres basically no aftermarket support for Browning besides trigger kits.

Had a Browning X Bolt Western LRH in 6.5CM before i picked this one up. Well-built rifle, but the trigger was garbage and theres basically no aftermarket support for Browning besides trigger kits.
Have you seen the options for Savage lately? :rolleyes:

Remington and the 700 pattern is the Chevy of the gun world.
Freaking everyone is making them!
So the aftermarket is loaded with stuff for them.

Have you seen the options for Savage lately? :rolleyes:

Remington and the 700 pattern is the Chevy of the gun world.
Freaking everyone is making them!
So the aftermarket is loaded with stuff for them.
Partly why i bought the 307, Rem 700-based and all aftermarket stuff for it will fit this rifle as well

I went to a hockey game and a rifle broke out...or would it be I bought a rifle and a hockey game broke out?

I am eyeing a 307 in 7mm PRC myself. Not sure if funds will allow it. Might wait on tag application success before investing in one. I am also hearing great reviews on the Sako 90 Quest.

I went to a hockey game and a rifle broke out...or would it be I bought a rifle and a hockey game broke out?

I am eyeing a 307 in 7mm PRC myself. Not sure if funds will allow it. Might wait on tag application success before investing in one. I am also hearing great reviews on the Sako 90 Quest.
It's " i went to a fight and a hockey game broke out"!

Personally i'd rather get a Mark V Hunter before a 307.
If i wanted to buy into the Rem 700 hype, i'd have bought a 338 LM 10 years ago and a 6.5 Manbun, and now a PRC.

But i don't, so I don't.

IMG_3917.jpeg

Finished project, got the scope on today. Would love to go sight it in but the crown land I go it shoot on here in ‘Berta is all dirt roads in the mountains and still in winter conditions, so that’ll have to wait a couple weeks

Back