Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

NAVHDA for "Gus"

pointingdogsrule

.... So a little over a year ago, the greatest dog I ever had, "Browndog" left. 6 weeks later I get a phone call from a friend of a friend about this "supposed" great pup (born one week after "Browndog" left). I took a chance and named him ""Browndog's Hope Gus". Well this past Sunday I tested "Gus" in the natural ability NAVHDA test..... Gus scored a "PERFECT 112 POINTS" in the test. I can only hope "Browndog" is looking down from above. Now "Browndog" never tail wagged... instead his whole butt would wiggle. I hope his butt is wiggling today for Gus.

attachment.php

good luck to all
the dog

Looks like he could go all day, and then some. I hope the handler lives up to the potential in the dog :)

Looks like he could go all day, and then some. I hope the handler lives up to the potential in the dog :)

"there within lays the problem" ...... you hit the nail on the head. "Gus" will be limited be his handler ..... ME :) On to the AKC tests :)

good luck to all
the dog

PS: how's the quail population in Kansas this year?

As a fellow Gus, I congratulate "Browndog's Hope Gus" on his impressive accolades.

Super!! Congrats.

Iowa's not all that far from me. Hank would be more than willing to let Gus show him how to find wild birds... ;) :D

"there within lays the problem" ...... you hit the nail on the head. "Gus" will be limited be his handler ..... ME :) On to the AKC tests :)

good luck to all
the dog

PS: how's the quail population in Kansas this year?

I did a little searching.......pheasants cautiously optomistic for another (spotty) good year. Certain areas will be once again quite good, others are hoping for continued rebound from the drought years. I didn't find anything to predict how the quail population fared this winter/nesting seasons. I would hope that they continue to come back strongly from the dismal numbers a few years ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigElk
Back