Wyoming’s Investment Fund

huntandfly

So when do we think we get our refunds? After that last sweet 5% interest payment hits on WYGFD’s high yield savings account?

I cannot stand the way this state does business, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to miss applying 🤷‍♂️

So when do we think we get our refunds? After that last sweet 5% interest payment hits on WYGFD’s high yield savings account?

I cannot stand the way this state does business, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to miss applying 🤷‍♂️
Kinda wish MT did the same thing.

Refund was in my bank yesterday.
Interest on the nr draw was addressed by J. Doering of the licensing dept a few years ago when they enacted the CC fee. Amount was less than 50k.

Last edited:

I think Randy said on a podcast that by law the money couldn't be "invested", so as Nick said I'm not sure they earn anything on it. We probably all agree that is pretty dumb.

I think Randy said on a podcast that by law the money couldn't be "invested", so as Nick said I'm not sure they earn anything on it. We probably all agree that is pretty dumb.
Someone posted a breakdown of revenue sources on another thread at some point in time, it showed a line for interest, but didn't specify interest on what, but can't imagine it wouldn't include interest on the holding account for applications. If not they should figure out how, someone should be getting interest and it isn't us applicants.

Would it be considered investing if they just parked it in a money market account that is is getting 5% right now? Or in some kind of high yield savings?

I would think they already have to put it into some financial institution anyway, unless there is some way that I’m not familiar with to just hold it in limbo in the state treasury

Back