MT Mountain Goat Update

Looks like a hard fought battle for a well deserved goat. Congratulations!

I've backpacked and climbed enough in wicked conditions to know you earned that goat big time. Great work!

Thanks everyone, it truly was a great experience....I cut up and cooked some goat backstrap last night. Have heard lots of bad things but I'm hear to tell you, its better than most wild game as far as flavor. They are just tough as heck. Really tough meat but when you do get it broke down, its better than elk in my opinion.

Looks like a bunch of crock pot meat ....

Congrats on a beautiful animal and some even better pictures to share and remember it the rest of your life.

Critter - couldn't agree more - the flavor is mild but very good! But when you eat the strap that is up toward the neck it's not short of shoe leather. But the flavor really is great.

Every time i reach into the goat jerky bag i wonder... how much did this meat cost... :) haha your right, tough as nails it is, but great flavor!

Way to get it done under tough conditions! Fabulous goat and you're correct in that you cannot have enough good friends. Now, go get a big swamp donkey.

Awesome story and great pics.

Got some questions for you about that Kuiu gear. What type of pants are those? Guide Pants? I'm looking for something that will resist snow (ie not get soaking wet while hiking). How do they hold up?

Awesome story and great pics.

Got some questions for you about that Kuiu gear. What type of pants are those? Guide Pants? I'm looking for something that will resist snow (ie not get soaking wet while hiking). How do they hold up?

Those are actually the Attack Pants. They have been through two seasons so far from Alaska Sheep to Mt Mountain Goats and everything in between. They have been awesome so far. The guide pants are great too but I usually just wear the attack pants and if its colder, throw the 185 merino wool long johns on under.

You would be happy with either the attack or the guide though in my opinion, Attack pants are just a bit lighter.

Those are actually the Attack Pants. They have been through two seasons so far from Alaska Sheep to Mt Mountain Goats and everything in between. They have been awesome so far. The guide pants are great too but I usually just wear the attack pants and if its colder, throw the 185 merino wool long johns on under.

You would be happy with either the attack or the guide though in my opinion, Attack pants are just a bit lighter.
Do you feel the need to pack rain pants or are these good enough at keeping you dry?

Thank you. Attack pants it will be!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back