Kodiak Goat Down

Brentc

I scored big in the Kodiak registration area this year!

After a long night of 60-80 MPH gusts with the tent pressed against our faces as we tried to sleep, Kodiak welcomed us to a beautiful blue bird day.

While viewing from camp, this 8+ year old Billy was calling to me from furthest reaches of the basin. He appeared unreachable, but after looking over the terrain for several minutes I made a plan and got to work.

3 hours after spotting him from camp, I was looking at this fine Billy through my scope. I stuck him on the mountain with two Berger 205s out of the 300 WM.

He's a beautiful clean Billy with a great hide on a perfect Kodiak day. I couldn't have scripted a better result.

20230917_150624.jpg20230917_150422.jpg

20230920_012609.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on your goat! Too bad you couldn't have got a little better background for your pics. (Just to be crystal clear that background statement is SARCASM, you couldn't have gotten a more scenic backdrop)

WOW - that's a beautiful coat on that billy, and are you sure you're on Kodiak?? Those are some of the sunniest pics I can remember ever seeing from the island. Congrats on getting it done in a big way!

WOW - that's a beautiful coat on that billy, and are you sure you're on Kodiak?? Those are some of the sunniest pics I can remember ever seeing from the island. Congrats on getting it done in a big way!
Seriously! Kodiak gives and it takes. Believe me, the island took plenty on this trip.

Can't imagine being on Kodiak without crappy or at least damp weather, talk about trip planning. Good looking goat.

Congratulations let’s see the others, never a bad picture taken in that country.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back