Montana Deer - Most important hunt of the season

Great story and pictures. This one you should consider putting in it's entirety on DVD, not just the short made for tv version.

I am sure Ole and Neil enjoyed it just as much as you did. You are commended for getting them out there. Good job.

Oh yea, like your story on your buck also.

Too cool.....Just make sure we get to see the "deleted scenes" from this hunt somehow! I think I would watch all the tape from the last two days if I could!

Great story Randy! Can't wait to see this episode. I just returned from an OTC ID whitetail hunt and will post up some photos later this week. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Great stuff randy. Can't wait to see this episode. Brings back memories of older gentlemen I grew up hunting with that are no longer with us. Wish I had one more hunt with some of them!

Looks like you had a good hunt in "the spot".Thought of you as I drove by coming and going to a deer hunt I tried a little east and North of your location.Scott and I are scheming whitetails again,might have to re-visit some prior discussions we have had with you.:) All the good whitetails on this years hunttalk threads are not helping my efforts for a great buck this year.

All the good whitetails on this years hunttalk threads are not helping my efforts for a great buck this year.

The one you shot last year will be hard to top. You being picky and passing all those 150" bucks, or what? ;)

You need to do a TV show where you shoot the first buck/bull that stands in front of the camera long enough to get footage. That helps make a lot of decisions for me. It usually goes something like this.

Me, "Good footage?"

Camera guy, "Yup!"

Howa, "Bang!"

Camera guy, "How big was he?"

Me, "Who cares?"

Hope you find a good one in the next three days. Would be cool if you found one like you shot last year. Good luck.

Great narrative, like always. Thanks for taking us along on your hunt, too bad we have to wait so long to see the episode, but it's neat reading these accounts and later seeing the show. Congrats to all of you.

Well folks, this one is finally cued up and ready to air tonight. It will air at 7pm and 10pm Mountain Time, on Sportsman Channel.

I am sure you will see why my hunting with Ole and Neil are such special days afield. Two great guys with more enthusiasm than their age would seem to allow.

Hope you like this one. Ole gave the "bleeper" button a work out when it came to editing this one. And to think we did not use the most colorful of his commentary.

Randy, I think this is your best show yet.Maybe you should think about making it an annual event.Taking people hunting who otherwise would'nt be able to is very admirable and obviously enjoyable.

You need to do a TV show where you shoot the first buck/bull that stands in front of the camera long enough to get footage. That helps make a lot of decisions for me. It usually goes something like this.

Me, "Good footage?"

Camera guy, "Yup!"

Howa, "Bang!"

Camera guy, "How big was he?"

Me, "Who cares?"

That's funny right there............

Enjoyed watching the episode. I'm glad the setting was set really well....the old friendships, the private land setting vs the normal OYOA public land, and the day of blind building/scouting that you put in to the effort.

The "confusion" over who was holding the tag was a wonderful bit of comedy, and I sheepishly confess to squeezing off the trigger on an empty chamber.......aimed only at paper!!,...... and that's my story to which it stick!!

Back