Sometimes it takes a lot of patience!

Bill Christy

Back in my military days, when I was stationed at Altus, Oklahoma, a buddy of mine and I drew a Whitetail Buck hunt on a nearby military gunnery range. Since my buddy was new to hunting, I set him up in a straw bale hide in the middle of a maze field. As I made my way to the nearby stand of forest, I herd three quick rounds from his rifle. And as I turned around, a "wall hanger" whitetail buck ran past me into the forest stand. Of course, my buddy missed all three shots. My buddy explained when he looked over to the edge of the field in which his stand was located, he saw this buck staring at him. Instead of immediately shooting, he started waving at me to show me what he was looking at. It wasn't until the buck broke and ran did he try shooting at him as an afterthought. You can't make this stuff up.

Back in my military days, when I was stationed at Altus, Oklahoma, a buddy of mine and I drew a Whitetail Buck hunt on a nearby military gunnery range. Since my buddy was new to hunting, I set him up in a straw bale hide in the middle of a maze field. As I made my way to the nearby stand of forest, I herd three quick rounds from his rifle. And as I turned around, a "wall hanger" whitetail buck ran past me into the forest stand. Of course, my buddy missed all three shots. My buddy explained when he looked over to the edge of the field in which his stand was located, he saw this buck staring at him. Instead of immediately shooting, he started waving at me to show me what he was looking at. It wasn't until the buck broke and ran did he try shooting at him as an afterthought. You can't make this stuff up.
What a fantastic closing line

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back