March Madness

I can do better than selection comittee---where is MissSt? Illini? Why are two teams fron suckazz PAC10 in?? Why are all those teams that IL whupped in BigTen in??Wny is Duke a #1 seed instead of WVU? And if that is right, why are they not in same bracket to validate the Comittee's rannking? Why are we #6 seed when we earned a #3, at least a #4? Why do Duke and SYR have the easiest road to final four when they are 3rd and 4th seed???...I am tired now and will stop asking questions....go
Vols, go Sparties, go WVU !!!

MissSt and Illinois got squeezed out as some conference tourney's were won by teams that would not have gotten an autobid. There's better than a half dozen squads that had resumes just like those two and the committee can't take them all. That said, I do like watching Varnado play for MissSt. Frankly, inclusion/exclusion of teams that will most likely not make it past the first weekend doesn't bother me. If you want to get into the tourney, play better and win more games during the regular season (this supports my opposition to expanding the field to 96, as it largely makes the regular season irrelevant and even less exciting).

Duke/WV....meh. If you are a 1 or a 2 you are considered a national championship contender. Go win 6 games and prove your the best in the country at this moment. That and I have great dislike for Bob Huggins. I'm torn on how to treat WV since his Cincinnati teams were always an easy early exit team for me... I don't believe he's a great tourney coach.

Tennessee probably is underseeded, their only bad loss came to that suckazz Pac10 school USC and they have some HUGE wins. I can't wait for a Vols/Hoyas matchup. Tennessee has an interesting group with I believe only 3 or 4 scholarship players getting regular playing time... which is amazing for a big time b-ball program. Bruce Pearl should get coach of the year.

Son of a Fin... Happy to be in the tourney? Cornell is good and will be a very popular upset pick. Looking forward to watching those Ivy Leaguers put the sphere in the cylindrical hoop.

I'll be in Vegas for the opening rounds of the NCAA. I'll check the hunttalk pool when I get back, most likely I'll be 1st place.........

Less than two hours!!

Shit!!! I got a bunch of work to be done, then have a lunch meeting....

I will obviously have to strategically position myself at the table so I can see into the bar and watch the games over lunch while the other party is signing their life away.....

Why do some people have more points than correct picks at this point? I looked in the scoring and couldn't find anything. It just says that each correct pick is worth one point in the first round.

I believe that correct upset picks are worth more.

Either that or Jose got a bonus point for personality...

How am I doing??? I can't access Fox on this PC, for some reason :mad::mad::mad:

So, on this PC, it shows I don't have an entry, so I don't know if my picks from the home PC are working.

I am guessing I am leading... :hump:

Points are correct now. Not sure why Jose and I had extra points for a while.

I couldn't figure out how. Copy and paste made it look like crap. You and I are tied for third, with 5 other people. NHY is tied for 1st.

Back