March Madness - 2012

Justin - You have two entries in the Hunt Talk group. Kind of like applying for a tag twice. You will be DQd if you don't remove one before Thursday.

I know the system allows multiple entries, but for the Hunt Talk bracket more than one is not allowed.

Mike Harmon (IIRC) was kind enough to pick my bracket. I haven't read one game summary nor watched a single game this year.

And it is perfectly okay for Washington who dominated and won regular season PAC conference to be left out and three or four teams from Big East with losing conference records to be in....hmmmmm....wonder who has larger viewing audience....

And it is perfectly okay for Washington who dominated and won regular season PAC conference to be left out and three or four teams from Big East with losing conference records to be in....hmmmmm....wonder who has larger viewing audience....
Strength of schedule. Should Boise St. have gotten the BCS slot given to Arkansas? They had a better overall and conference record. It wouldn't suprise me none that more folks would have tuned in to watch BSU play instead of Arkansas.

I wish Washington was in as well, but the Pac 12 is just terrible, and when you go out of conference and get dominated by a team like South Dakota State at home, I don't believe you deserve to dance...

Of all the injustices in the world, treatment of lousy Pac-12 basketball teams ranks pretty low.

Since CBS deternines the seedings and the At Large selections, can they veto your Bracket?
It is not done by records obviously! Cbs does it, not some NCAA committee shaking and throwing bones on the floor.
If I am wrong , why did KU fall out and MSU get a #1----audience!
Why did Mizzou not replace NC?----audience!
And why for example, in At Large, was UConn always in with a 8-10 conference record and UT with an10-6 conference record including winning 9 of last 10 not in ??? BTW, UT beat UConn in January....it is BS television ratings and audience driven!
If you want a bracket based on performance in the regular season how bout outlawing teams with a losing in conference record? How bout using the "S-curve"? How bout letting small teams play as close to home as possible??? ....nevermind, CBS would not like that.....BTW, why is the AD of OSU not fired rather than being in charge of "selections" ???
Process sucks, but I will watch....

dawson-crying.jpg

Tom...I agree on that...east coast bias..but that is all colege sports...going to hear it for that comment...but the Big East in basketball is like the SEC in football...

I am NOT crybabying....just saying there is pandering to CBS's billions flowing to NCAA in selections and pairings and regional assignments...a statement I believe to be true!
and in most cases, small schools with small budgets and small fan bases could have just as easily been put in Bracket closest to home as one across the country.
BTW, the final four will be KY, Mizzou, WI and Kansas with UK beating KU for Champs...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back