Leftover Wyoming doe tags

heartsticker

we are hunting unit Y for Mule deer and want to get a doe antelope tag for some meat should we buy an area 20 tag or 103? Any help would be appreciated, sounds like it will be tough to find any on public land...

I would just concentrate on the deer, unless you have 2 weeks or more for your hunt. Any of the units that still have leftover antelope tags are going to have very little public land. I think you'll find that you will need all the time you've got for your deer hunt. (Unless you plan on shooting the first little buck that you see)

If you really want to shoot an antelope it might be worth going with an outfitter. I know there are some in area 109.

We can take the time if we want, just wondering if it would be a wast of $38 to pick up a tag. I would rather buy a tag or two now and have it rather than shoot a buck the second day and be at camp for 7 or 8 more days. Guess I could take fishing gear... Not going to be guided, I am an OYO guy, I might be willing to pay a small trespass fee if there are no options so I can bring home some more meat.

Last edited:
Ialways have a doe tag in my pocket when hunting Wyoming. We usually stop for a day or two for hunting doe antelope after our elk hunt.

If there are any tags left, unit 20 has more access to BLM/State land than 103, but still......You didn't mention where your base was going to be, so it may, or may not be worth the drive. I grabbed my two leftovers within a few minutes of them going on sale and I'm glad I did. They went pretty fast! Now, you're basically stuck hunting where no one else really cares to spend their money, nor effort.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back