Jim Shockey

I’ve never met any of them, but I’ve only heard good things. Regardless, I can’t imagine the strength it has taken from all involved to go through such a long emotional struggle so publicly. Mrs. Shockey always seemed like such a classy and beautiful lady. Very sorry for everyone involved for what is clearly an incredible loss.

Sad that some folks on here seem to lack an ounce of compassion. Says a lot about some people’s character.

For a couple years, I worked for a cattle ranching enterprise where Eva hunted. Periodically I’d run into Eva and she was always kind, intelligent, and talkative.

Back in 2018, my son and I ran into Jim in Dallas. He was kind enough to chat with my son and totally made his day. From that day on, anytime we saw Jim in a magazine or on TV, my son would get so excited. There’s plenty of assholes in the world, the Shockey family is not one of them.

IMG_5714.jpeg

The Internet, and in particular social media, is filled with people sharing the stories of their or their loved ones journeys to death. It’s hard to look away from, and shines a light on a core truth carried inside myself I build a fortress around and don’t think about much.

Over the last couple years I have found Jim Shockey‘s posts about his wife’s journey, and how it made him feel, to be beautiful and powerful. Good folks going through hard stuff with Grace.

Could be a model for how to maintain dignity in journeys one will surely experience themselves, or a well of compassion.
I think it was brave of him to do that. Also maybe a bit of therapy, he didn't want to lose any memories to time.

I know for a fact if I was in his shoes I would be a complete intolerable wreck. I think behind closed doors that family is in serious deep pain. I just hope they take the time needed.

I have never met any of the Shockeys, but follow Jim on social media. From his posts you could tell Louise was a huge part of his success and probably the most important part of his life. She always came off as classy, beautiful, and capable. For some reason, seeing someone as vivacious and still young as her passing really hit me hard. I can't imagine how Jim must be feeling, I'd be lost if my wife was gone. I pray they are able to find comfort.

The outfitter I was with in Argentina hosted Jim and Eva for a hunt a couple years ago and while they didn't have anything good to say about bimbo Eva, they had nothing but the up most respect for Jim and his wife.
Not the right thread for this ^^^^ dude.

I've never personally met Mr. Shockey. But I've looked up to him as a hunter since I was about 10 and could understand what he was doing. Prayers from my family to yours Mr. Shockey. I can't imagine losing my wife. He clearly adored her and his kids and wasn't shy about it.

Not a lot of people in the hunting industry I'd like to meet, but I sure would like to shake his hand someday.

Got anything worthwhile to post? If you've posted anything worthwhile I the last year, in all my travel and lack of time here on the forum, I must have missed it.

Take your recent "Johnny Bad Ass" keyboard persona to Facebook.

Edit: Doug is gone. I have no idea what flipped his switch recently, but it won't be tolerated any longer.

I'm tired of the bullshit folks. Straighten up or you'll be done here. Someone starts a thread expressing condolences to a family with a recent death we have a few pricks who have to use that moment to act like a complete ass. This forum is a money-losing pit and I've tired of the shit. Get over yourselves or move on.
Well said Randy. Keep up the good work ~

Got anything worthwhile to post? If you've posted anything worthwhile I the last year, in all my travel and lack of time here on the forum, I must have missed it.

Take your recent "Johnny Bad Ass" keyboard persona to Facebook.

Edit: Doug is gone. I have no idea what flipped his switch recently, but it won't be tolerated any longer.

I'm tired of the bullshit folks. Straighten up or you'll be done here. Someone starts a thread expressing condolences to a family with a recent death we have a few pricks who have to use that moment to act like a complete ass. This forum is a money-losing pit and I've tired of the shit. Get over yourselves or move on.
Thank you Randy; after reading these posts on this thread I am sitting here feeling pretty sad, death is a sad reality, I had two this to deal with this year.
my condolences to the Shockey family. May you find peace.

Well I guess at this point I extremely regret a single word that was used in my contribution to this thread (which was nothing but saying something good about the deceased and her husband). Guess you can't post any opinions on here anymore without a harsh backlash. I'll keep my contributions to hunting stories only I suppose
I mean, as harsh as what you said may be...

...the same folks who despise the "monetization and social media blah blah blah" of hunting, here, are a-okay with it if it's "their" circle or in posthumous nature....

You spoke your mind, I respect it.

Vaya con Dios to the lost.

The scariest place in the world is one's first entry in to an oncology lobby. Kid you not, 15% of the people in there will be someone you know or kin to someone you know, and besides scaring the living chit out of you, it will break your heart. If you're involved in treatment or have friend or family that is, acquaint yourself. It's worth the time.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back