Yeti GOBOX Collection

Alaska Bison with Jim Baichtal

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Last year our good buddy, Jim "The Beard" Baichtal, drew a remote Alaska bison tag. He called and asked if we wanted to film something that is true adventure. Since I was already obligated to other trips, I had to bail. But, Marcus, being the most adventurous of our crew, happily volunteered for 12 days of floating down a wild Alaska river in an Alpacka Raft while Jim and Barth traversed the river in a big cataraft.

This is a true adventure, if ever there is such a thing.

Part 1 below:

Big thanks to Jim. He's gracious and wiling to share what he knows. We enjoy his company and his immense knowledge. In addition to being one of the best hunters I know. Hoping we can invite him on a great adventure when we draw a great tag.

Enjoyed pt 1 , even though I haven’t lived up there in over 30 years , when I see a good Alaskan video of hunting and the outdoors I’m transported back like I’ve never left , the vast expanse and sheer beauty of Alaska gets in your soul like no place I’ve ever been. So thankful I got to live and be raised there hunting and fishing.

Two week Alaskan river float trip with friends. Epic.
With an Alaskan Bison trophy, too. LEGEND. 😁

Congratulations, Jim (with a hat tip to Barth and Marcus).

Great hunt. I really enjoyed watching. Jim seems like such a nice guy.

I have always thought the same , his quote “Bison as many as stars in the sky, saying take me Jim” ha ha ha it’s a quote from one of my all time favorite westerns the MOUNTAIN MEN with Charlton Heston and Brian Keith , I remember my dad took me to see that when we lived in Alaska no less

I listened to the podcast about this hunt on my drive home and then watched the videos. Marcus and Jim paint a vivid picture talking about the trip it was excellent, Jim is a cut up on and off the camera, paired with Marcus camera work, it was destined for success with or without a kill at the end. (Not doubting your hunting ability Mr. Jim)
Congrats on sage and successful hunt. Glad Barth came out ok from his illness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back