Inflatable Life Vest

buckykm1

I want to get a inflatable life vest, It seems like there are a lot of choices.
The Onyx A/M24 automatic auto inflate, interests me.
But I would have to order it.

does anyone have one ? I want one that is comfortable to wear.
I am open to suggestions.

Thanks
Kevin

Only ones I have used are Sospenders.
Was time to re-arm them last spring so waited until a camping trip at a lake last summer and *fell* off the dock. Dried them out during the day, put the re-arm kit in and was out in the tube that evening chasing fish.

Word of advice...These suspenders can fail. In our department we went out and all jumped out into water and had one fail for some reason...?-the other that did not inflate had a co2 cartridge that did not seat properly? They are nice to wear. But I don't wear them in water where serious flotation is a must.

Word of advice...These suspenders can fail. In our department we went out and all jumped out into water and had one fail for some reason...?-the other that did not inflate had a co2 cartridge that did not seat properly? They are nice to wear. But I don't wear them in water where serious flotation is a must.

Totally agree. I just don't like to wear a big vest when fly fishing. In a boat on a deep lake? H... yes! Perhaps I am living on borrowed time, but have never had a FAIL with the last three.
Reason for three is because when the covers start fading bad (sun rot), they go in the trash in a condition not to be used again. I figure on replacing them every two years.

I have had the opportunity to work for both Onyx and Sospenders.. both great products that are HIGHLY regulated and very carefully manufactured and tested. I won't go so far as to say they can't fail.... but generally any time they don't deploy it is usually user error.

They are very convenient and comfortable. But if you feel you need a inherently buoyant traditional vest for back up.... well that is just fine with this life jacket salesman ;)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back