Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

I think I want a pistol

If I ever have a .22 pistol it'll be a Buckmark. I used to trap coons and possums and dispatch them with a borrowed one. Nice little pistol.

I have a few, I think the first one is just that. I am shopping for a threaded barrel suppressor ready, likely ruger Mark iv but lots of good suggestions in the above posts.

A Buckmark for sure or a Smith Revolver. Make sure it’s got some barrel whatever you buy.
A .22 is a good option and one I recommend for first handgun.

Ruger .22's have always been my fav .22 handguns. Single six, Mark III, and others. Mark III is tricky to re-assemble but once you do it there's no problem. Some other brands that are outstanding and should be considered are Browning and S&W. I'm sure there are more but these are my favs. The Winchester target ammo if you get to the point where you want to compete. Ely is also good. General all around plinking Remington, CCI, Winchester, Federal to name a few. The nice thing about a .22 caliber is you can shoot and get acquainted with the handgun without breaking the bank. Highly recommend a .22 for a first handgun.

Ruger .22's have always been my fav .22 handguns. Single six, Mark III, and others. Mark III is tricky to re-assemble but once you do it there's no problem. Some other brands that are outstanding and should be considered are Browning and S&W. I'm sure there are more but these are my favs. The Winchester target ammo if you get to the point where you want to compete. Ely is also good. General all around plinking Remington, CCI, Winchester, Federal to name a few. The nice thing about a .22 caliber is you can shoot and get acquainted with the handgun without breaking the bank. Highly recommend a .22 for a first handgun.
Try out a mark IV! They fixed that.

Back