Hunt Talk logo thoughts

I like 4 except I think it should be a broadhead instead of a field tip.

it's a bullet

Correct, it is an arrow on one end transforming to a bullet on the other. Given that is not immediately clear, it is probably too complex.

Now, how to simplify? Either make it obviously an arrow and have the rifle guys give me the razz, or make it a bullet and shockwave and have the archery guys comment.

Or, get rid of it all together and make it super simple without an arrow or bullet.

Correct, it is an arrow on one end transforming to a bullet on the other. Given that is not immediately clear, it is probably too complex.

Now, how to simplify? Either make it obviously an arrow and have the rifle guys give me the razz, or make it a bullet and shockwave and have the archery guys comment.

Or, get rid of it all together and make it super simple without an arrow or bullet.

Maybe make the bullet a silver color and the shaft a different color.

Top one of #4 is best one yet in my opinion. If you get more colors involved that will drive up any embroidery costs. If the swirl marks on the right side behind the bullet are defined enough it will be apparent that it is a spinning bullet and not an arrow tip. I like the combo of rifle and archery!

#4 with the arrow/bullet shockwave combo is my vote. BUT it would be best to make the vanes purple and gold to support the home team.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Have to say the first round of choices did nothing for me. But now I really like #4! The top one is best but it would depend on the final sizing to determine how it looks compared to the bottom one. The rifling may disappear too much to be worth the effort. Looks good either way!

My MS Paint skills leave a bit to be desired, but how about something like this, with the arrow/bullet moved over to the right

Attachments

• hunttalk.jpg
    hunttalk.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 167
my try at paint, obviously needs pro's touch but you get point

Attachments

• Capture mod.jpg
    Capture mod.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 154
I wasn't too excited about the originals, but I do like #4. Any chance you can put a lighted nock on the arrow? ;-)

My 'shop skills also aren't great, but here's a stab at something. Needs some work but at least gives an idea. Proportions are off but I didn't feel like fixing them.

Attachments

• ht-arrow_modified.jpg
    ht-arrow_modified.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 104
I like #4 the best, but I am not a big fan of the icon. If it was a little less cartoony I could see myself wearing a shirt or hat with it on there. But I would want it to seem a little more "cool" or "serious" as opposed to what it looks like now with the arrow turning to the bullet, it comes across at full glance as a field point. Also, the design of the arrow icon itself is a little 80s looking. It comes across as trying to hard to place a hunting icon in the logo. I would almost prefer the logo the way it is in #4 without the arrow. I think if the arrow shaft was a little more narrow, if the fletchings looked more aggressive, and if there was a broadhead it would look better. I wouldnt worry about rifle hunters worrying about having a bow on there. Gun, bow, rifle, elk antler, deer antler, the point of adding an icon to the logo is to make sure that someone knows that "Hunt Talk" is about big game hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back