Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How close to due dates do you hunt?

Here I am thinking I was a brave man heading to Kansas on a whitetail hunt 3 months after my son was born. Can you not hunt a different part of the season? Honestly, this is a no brainier and shouldn't even be up for debate. After six kids you guys should be proficient, get the birth done and then head out.

Yeah we should….

Go 9 months back from valentines….:oops::ROFLMAO:

As someone with a kid born last year on November 15th…I’m well aware of my lack of ‘rithmatic skills. 😂

Good news is I’ve convinced the wife to take a trip back to Wisconsin to celebrate the kids first birthday … the fact that it coincides with Wisconsin’s fun deer season is not lost on me.

Here I am thinking I was a brave man heading to Kansas on a whitetail hunt 3 months after my son was born. Can you not hunt a different part of the season? Honestly, this is a no brainier and shouldn't even be up for debate. After six kids you guys should be proficient, get the birth done and then head out.

As I explained to my wife when I had a banner big game last season, babies sleep a lot, no sense in both of us sitting around waiting for her to wake up. 🤣

You’ve already done your part. The rest is really up to her and doctors. (Tongue planted firmly in cheek)

It’s pretty close in my humble opinion. But the only divorce that counts is the first one. That’s the only one I count, anyway.

To explain my posterity. I have always only wanted 2 kids. My first wife wanted more! She really took to the extra attention that she got with a baby bump and she started to really get into it. She was obsessed with the natural birthing process. Her obsession resulted in
stacking 5 kids. The social media hype and the attention got to her head and she pursued attention so much that the slightest attention from a coworker started to get traction. She made a mistake and confessed but, she couldn’t handle the leverage that I had which would enable me to always go fishing or hunting as much as I wanted. Her “mistake“ in my eyes was a great bargaining chip.

Anyhow, her best friend glorified the single life, and it convinced her to pursue divorce. We got divorced.

New wife is 9 years younger. Loves the 5 kiddos as if they are her own. She wants one of her own. I cave and baby number 6 is born. I am at 3 boys and 3 girls and new wife really wants a pair of her own kids. Finally I give in. So here we are. Baby number 7 on its way. September 26th.

It’s an over the counter tag, it’s no biggie. My success ratio with the tag is 100%. I’ll hope for an Early delivery and maybe catch the tail end of the hunt. Luckily baby number 3 who’s is now 11 drew a late season cow elk tag so he might have to be our breadwinner for the year.

I definitely wouldn't be going anywhere that close to due date. My wife is due Nov. 16th and I'm pushing it by going on a 9/20-9/24 trip. Luckily her parents are in town for the next few months so there is some support and they rented a house near the hospital. This is our 2nd (and final!!). I'll be about 3 hours away, but will be on Zoleo often. There is, of course, a chance that I end up not going altogether.

I went on a northern Maine moose hunt that was an 18 hour drive from home a month before my wife’s due date. Every day, I would drive to a spot identified by a piece of plywood that had “Cell Area” spray painted on it and check in. I got my moose, and my daughter waited until her due date to make an appearance.

If you're reasonably confident the child is yours, you should wait until the child is born. If not,...just kidding. I would probably not go anywhere near that close simply because stuff goes badly at inopportune times. Good luck all around!

My wife is due Sept 26th. I went ahead and purchased and elk tag that opens September 15th. I will do my duty to do my best to check in with my Zoleo on a nightly basis to stay in contact. I would love to hear some hunt talkers stories about priorities and hunting to the limit on a due date.

The weekend before and 2 days after. Got a buck too.

I have a little different take on this. Go hunting. You will be able to have kids until you’re 90 maybe even 100 if you keep (upgrading wives). You may not be able to hike those mountains at that age however. Just simple math that should be easily explained to your wife.

To explain my posterity. I have always only wanted 2 kids. My first wife wanted more! She really took to the extra attention that she got with a baby bump and she started to really get into it. She was obsessed with the natural birthing process. Her obsession resulted in
stacking 5 kids. The social media hype and the attention got to her head and she pursued attention so much that the slightest attention from a coworker started to get traction. She made a mistake and confessed but, she couldn’t handle the leverage that I had which would enable me to always go fishing or hunting as much as I wanted. Her “mistake“ in my eyes was a great bargaining chip.

Anyhow, her best friend glorified the single life, and it convinced her to pursue divorce. We got divorced.

New wife is 9 years younger. Loves the 5 kiddos as if they are her own. She wants one of her own. I cave and baby number 6 is born. I am at 3 boys and 3 girls and new wife really wants a pair of her own kids. Finally I give in. So here we are. Baby number 7 on its way. September 26th.

It’s an over the counter tag, it’s no biggie. My success ratio with the tag is 100%. I’ll hope for an Early delivery and maybe catch the tail end of the hunt. Luckily baby number 3 who’s is now 11 drew a late season cow elk tag so he might have to be our breadwinner for the year.
I think it is extremely unethical.....

...to expect your 9 month pregnant wife to help you pack out an elk.

I have a little different take on this. Go hunting. You will be able to have kids until you’re 90 maybe even 100 if you keep (upgrading wives). You may not be able to hike those mountains at that age however. Just simple math that should be easily explained to your wife.
Yeah, gets those blasts like from Verizon “Hey _____ you are now eligible for an upgrade to this version 19! It’s got a new undercarriage, simple opinions and lives for your interests only. Limited time offer, scoop this one up before her father can stop the wedding!”

My wife is due Sept 26th. I went ahead and purchased and elk tag that opens September 15th. I will do my duty to do my best to check in with my Zoleo on a nightly basis to stay in contact. I would love to hear some hunt talkers stories about priorities and hunting to the limit on a due date.
Any updates?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back