Google Reviews

SilentBirdHunter

I am skeptical of Google Reviews.
As an example, a company out of Missoula had Google Review Score of 4.9 out of 5,
based on 94 reviews. Wow! Sounds great. . .
The company requires 90% down payment before starting a job
(50% up front, 40 percent when the product arrives at their warehouse)
and a "Lifetime Warranty" (which could mean until the product fails).
Both were red flags to me.

So I looked at complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau
and there were 3 pages of complaints, here are a few of them:
"We signed a contract in September 2023 stating windows were a set price and install in November.
Price changed and install date changed 2 more times

Contract was signed around 4/7/22 to have 11 windows installed. Original install ocurred sometime in 7/22 ...Final wrapping outside done on 11/17/23... no one has reached out since 11/17/23 install. I am still missing a part on 1 window that was missing from the June installation (apparently ordered in Oct.), also the incorrect caulking. . .

He sent two guys out Wednesday the *****. We were told to start filling in the windows. He said they maybe there a day or two, which made myhusband mad. How could they do all the repairs in a short time? He said it would only be insulation for now. They came and removed trim on all windows and inspected and made notes, but did NOT DO ANY INSULATING. They would get back to us but it maybe weeks.. Repairs may
not be this year.. That means we have to go with cold, leaking, rainy, windows for another heating season. You can't see out of them cause they
are all frosted up. This is no solution of repairs.

Offered us a credit for the issues that they were responsible for in the amount of *******, however, the ONLY way they would give this credit to us was if we promised, in writing, not to contact the attorney general, the better business bureau, or leave any reviews on social media platforms. ...This decision made by **** increased our quoted installation time from 2-3 days to 5 weeks.

It has now been 6 months. I would like to get my deposit back and forget I ever talked to this company.

June 2022. To date we have had no commitment to an installation date. We have made numerous email inquiries with either a response that they are working with the installer. More recently we have received no response. We have proposed competent installation by September 30, 2022 or termination of contact with complete refund of our down payment of $24,000. Our contract did not guarantee an installation date, but we consider 12 months after signing contract to be totally unacceptable.

lifetime warranty on repairs doors, windows, screens, and attachments for doors and windows. We contacted the company between eight and 10 months ago regarding repairs needed to our screen door, our door, and our window screens. There was no response from the company for a few months. We tried contacting again and there was no response. ..

We created a contract with your home improvement co. On 6/1/21 for siding on our home, they were supposed to come out in August to do the job. They told us that no one was committed to doing the job, they had to wait until they had the supplies and the employees. they contacted us again in December stating the same thing no one was committed to the job and still needed supplies, its now 2/1/22 and we want our money back from a job that never took place.

paid $20,000 to have 10 new windows with installation. They were very slow and provided poor workmanship and product. Immediately after install I called them due to air leaking inside the house. I had ice build up in most of the windows on the inside. They have came out multiple times and put foam into the window frames, caulked the screws and holes in the windows. Later he pulled the outside trim off and supposedly revealed the exterior. Three weeks ago they came and took temperature reading in a couple windows and noted large differences in Temps. I have stated many times I can feel air coming in and when it's windy I c!n hear whistling of the air. I have sent many pictures to many employees of this company including the vp of production, local reps, the salesman, the local manager, customer service. I keep being told they will find a solution and never get any resolution. . And today dec 31st I sent pictures of 6 windows with solid chunks in the inside windows and one that has frost on the outside due to air leaking out. . It is very cold in my home due to the windows and or installation of the windows.

The company never fulfilled No. 4 of page 2 of the contract which states it was to include the invoice of the products placed into our bathroom and the prices per item.

All 7 windows installed had obvious defects, so all 7 windows needed to be reordered. I was told prior to having the windows brought out to me and reinstalled that they would be inspected so that there would be no issues. On 09/24/21 the 7 windows arrived but only 5 could be installed. Now they need to order the 2 other window be ordered for the 3rd time and I was told it would ***********-8 weeks before I get the two windows.

The company has already been to our home 3 times for this very issue. Each time they came (with supposedly new parts that we waited months for), this issue could NOT be fixed because all parts brought would not fit or fix the problem. ..."

I know for sure that negative Amazon reviews can be removed by the seller, and likely Google does the same.

You can’t remove negative google reviews as the business.

But they can pay for fake reviews for sure. It’s pretty easy to spot which one is fake and which one is real.

You can’t remove negative google reviews as the business.

But they can pay for fake reviews for sure. It’s pretty easy to spot which one is fake and which one is real.
I’ve seen a company change their address and create a new google profile to get rid of bad reviews but it also gets rid of the good reviews

I'm pretty sure they can have Google take them down. I've had reviews taken down in the past.
I’ve only had one nasty review at our business… was from my sister. It was her way of trying to hurt the family. Google wouldn’t take it down even though we reported it.

I’ve only had one review taken down and it clearly had nothing to do about our company, but about how bitcoin investments pointing them to their fake website. 🤣

I've heard of some established car dealerships (not just "Frank's Gold Star School Bus RVs") making their employees write good online reviews to gin up the 5 star ratings.

I've often wondered how real that number really is on some things. I've posted maybe less than 10 reviews in my life I think. I have to be extremely impressed or extremely pissed off to leave one. I've noticed on some of the bad reviews if you read them you can tell they consumer had no idea what they were talking about which sucks for the business. I'm sure the opposite happens as well.

Last edited:
I've often wondered how real that bumber really is on some things. I've eledt maybe
less than 10 reviews in my life I think. I have to be extremely impressed or extremely pissed off to leave one. I've noticed on some of the bad reviews if you read them you can tell the consumer had no idea what they were talking about which sucks for the business. I'm sure the opposite happens as well.
I only read the 2s and 3s. 1star stuff sounds like boomers bitching about the national debt. 5 stars are either fake or grade inflation.

On topic of the OP, tough situation. I didn’t pay for anything until it was delivered and reviewed. If the contractor can’t do that, they probably don’t have a good enough reputation with the manufacturer. The buyer(me) m also needs to understand that time is money so floating a $40,000 purchase of windows shouldn’t be expected.

Here in NM, the only way I have found to have any success with stuff like this is to get a word of mouth confirmation. Of course, a lot of folks here don't even have a website.

David
NM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back