Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

How close to due dates do you hunt?

She held off all the way til Oct 1. Elk hunt was missed… :(

baby boy is healthy and growing like a weed.

In hind sight I could have killed my bull and been back in time.
Congrats on your new addition! You will always have a story to tell him each September.

I have two ex-wifes, hunting was the proximate cause of my successfully completing two marriages. Even I think you’re pushing it. I’m looking forward to elk hunting my 56 season. Lots of time to hunt elk less time to be a father.
Just saw the update, violated my rule to read through everythIng. Congratulations, you made the right call. Now you’ve another hunting buddy!

Last edited:
With our firstborn my wife was 2 weeks overdue and she insisted on going goose hunting with me. This was before cell phones existed.
We went hunting again when our baby was 2 weeks old.

My wife is due Sept 26th. I went ahead and purchased and elk tag that opens September 15th. I will do my duty to do my best to check in with my Zoleo on a nightly basis to stay in contact. I would love to hear some hunt talkers stories about priorities and hunting to the limit on a due date.
You must like living dangerously.

Now you can take him with for his first birthday and get that bull together.

My wife is due Sept 26th. I went ahead and purchased and elk tag that opens September 15th. I will do my duty to do my best to check in with my Zoleo on a nightly basis to stay in contact. I would love to hear some hunt talkers stories about priorities and hunting to the limit on a due date.

I was wrapping up a 3-day wilderness fly fishing trip once, and had a "generous" 3-week cushion before my daughter's due date. On the way home I stopped to fish, planning on 3 hours or so on the water, since I promised my wife I'd stick around town until the baby came and figured I would get much more mountain time for a while after that either. I was feeling a little guilty about stopping however and called it after an hour, then continued my drive. I rolled up to the door, filthy, smelling like horses and river, ready for a shower...but NOPE, it was straight to the hospital and that kid arrived within the hour. That one was close!

My first was born in June, my second should be here Nov. 10. Im thinking we go camping/fishing somewhere for the eldest's bday and then a late season elk/mule deer hunt for the younger one. Wife can't argue with that, right!?

Congrats on your addition. You made the right call IMO

The takeaway is don’t ask for advice on social media. You know your situation better than any of us peanut gallery turds ever will. However thanks for letting us weigh in. Very entertaining

My first was born in June, my second should be here Nov. 10. Im thinking we go camping/fishing somewhere for the eldest's bday and then a late season elk/mule deer hunt for the younger one. Wife can't argue with that, right!?

Congrats on your addition. You made the right call IMO
Your #3 will be conceived in August. My wife was done with summer pregnancies after #1.

Not to open a different bag of chips, but mule deer really is my bread and butter and it’s October. I was going to create a post delivery thread but, I thought I would share that my Son and I already got to sneak out and go do a little hunting for bear and deer. We got on a bear but just couldn’t get the 12 yr old to put the crosshairs on him soon enough.

I have a whole week in October to get picky on muledeer!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back