Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hiking trip with bonus

Awesome trip! And the hat to match! Jonathan Hart would be so dissapointed, just kidding. KUIU stuff is pretty awesome. Bet your pup slept like crazy afterwards.

Great pictures! I shot my mountain goat up in that country and it was a great year of scouting/fishing/hiking and hunting. Your pictures make me want to go back again!

Bet your pup slept like crazy afterwards.

He might have taken advantage of any down time.;)
72.jpg

That's one of the best series of pic's I have seen in a long time. Very nice camp, great company, & awesome fishing in a remote lake all to yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics of your trip and buddy. I can appreciate adventures with good cameras and yellow dogs. Thanks!

Extraordinary photos, Miller.

I spent a few nights by that lake in both Aug 2009 and Aug 2010 going in from the same trailhead. That's undoubtedly one of the most incredible places I've ever been. There are definitely plenty of goats in the area. I'm surprised they weren't in your camp every night trying to eat your packstraps and lick your pee spots. :D That pointing dog of yours must have scared them all off. ;) I fished a little as well, but didn't catch anything like what you did. We also explored up the drainage further -- in fact, we went as far up as you could possibly go.

Not trying to hi-jack your thread, but here are some pics from our trips. We must have even seen the same pair of otters, although you got much better pictures of them. So cool!

beartooths69.jpg

beartooths71.jpg

beartooths65.jpg

mtngoat22.jpg

mtngoat17.jpg

beartooths25.jpg

beartooths32.jpg

beartooths33.jpg

beartooths44.jpg

beartooths54.jpg

beartooths23.jpg

Cool thread Craig.

Just a heads up...I have NO idea how common it is, but on another forum a guy dropped a duck and 3 otters attacked his dog and he had to swim/wade out to save the old guy!! Kinda hairy.

Thanks for the info. That is one of the reasons I picked a lab over a springer, don't have to worry about otters unless they are in groups of at least 6.:D:D

This lil fugger could hold his own against 6 I think... maybe not 7 though! This pup is a ball of fire, i am really enjoying him...as much as any dog I've ever been around. Smiles.

Back