Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

My "Best" Buck

Beautiful man congrats on the harvest and bigger congrats on putting his wants and wishes higher on the list. If it took 4 miles one way and 5 days to kill a monster, he may not have had the same fun. I know mine wouldn’t! lol

Side note, do you pay full price for kids camo!? My 9 year old (10 in feb) grows like a weed! I’ve bought two sets of camo since he was almost 7 and boots every single year.. now my 6 year old wants to go more. 😅 I am about to buy some cheap “painters whites” and try my hand at earthtone tyedye or something 😂

Beautiful man congrats on the harvest and bigger congrats on putting his wants and wishes higher on the list. If it took 4 miles one way and 5 days to kill a monster, he may not have had the same fun. I know mine wouldn’t! lol

Side note, do you pay full price for kids camo!? My 9 year old (10 in feb) grows like a weed! I’ve bought two sets of camo since he was almost 7 and boots every single year.. now my 6 year old wants to go more. 😅 I am about to buy some cheap “painters whites” and try my hand at earthtone tyedye or something 😂

Good question! Kuiu usually has some pretty good deals on youth clothes and, in my opinion, it’s worth the price. I’m sure there are less expensive options, but I want him to stay as comfortable as possible out hunting. This set of clothes has lasted him a couple years and I’ll probably need to replace the pants and the jacket next year. Over the course of birds and big game, he’s gotten 40+ days of wear and tear out of them and they look nearly brand new.

Fantastic dude. I'm a father of two boys and a third one due in May. My oldest just turned 4 and I took him for his first sit this Thanksgiving in NY. Was 21° and he made it about 45 minutes in the stand. He said "this is the best day ever in my whole life's entire life" (just like that) didn't even see a deer but it was so awesome as a dad. I hope we get to share a mule deer story similar to this when he gets a bit older. Great job with the hunt and being a good father.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back