Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hellooooo from South Louisiana!

I make oil

Thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Benjy Wells. I go by I make oil. Some of you might know me from other fourms. I am a former Marine who as my user ID says works in the oil industry. I am currently the Operations Manager for a oil company in West Africa. My job and schedule fortunately allows me to spend time enjoying my favorite things. Hunting and fishing! :D.

I have a spring bear hunt booked in Montana and looking at info on the area found this site. I really enjoy reading the fourms here hope I can make some good contributions,

Hello.
I'm also in the O&G industry. You all been as busy as much as we have been up here in the Appalachian?

Welcome aboard! I'm an engineer for a major here in New Orleans. Nice to see some other Louisiana folks on here...there's a few around on this forum!

By West Africa do you mean Nigeria? With some effort there can be some really cool outdoor ventures abroad, but of course you have to be "situationally aware" as you would be an inviting target as an American. (Note my avatar picture regarding African adventure)!

WOW! What a great welcome thanks guy's. I think I'll like it here.

I'll try to answer a few of the questions and comments.

Dirty Dan, yes we are pretty busy here but the price of oil does have me concered about how much of our plans for next year will proceed.

Kansas Dad yes sir I am currently in Nigeria. However I have spent quite a bit of time in other locations and fortunately have been able to utilize those opertunities to persue my passions. Mainly fishing but some hunting. I've hunted in Africa, Central/South America and Asia.

Draftstud/bigeasygator, it's good to see other people from Louisiana on here. I live in Berwick across the Atchafalaya River from Morgan City. I have a camp in Pierre Part and a house boat that is currently part at the Atchafalaya Delta. I love to hunt Ducks and deer down there. I'm always looking for someone to share the experience with. Most if my friends and family work during the week so weekdays are often open. I'm in Africa until the first week of January but I will then be home for 5 weeks. I'll catch most of the second split and then switch to Archery deer until the end of the season.

Gunner46, Semper Fi brother.

Welcome aboard. Good luck on your bear hunt this spring. You'll find lots of info on here.
You don't happen to have an in with any Nigerian bankers over there do you? Lot's of other guys are getting great offers from bankers just begging them to take cash from them and put it in their accounts, but no one ever sends me good stuff like that. :)

Gerald, sorry but I dont. I'll keep my eyes open for you though.

This is a crazy place to be for sure. It has its own rules. Just when you think you've figured them out they change them. Then there is this thing I call the Nigerian factor to keep things extra interesting.

Thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Benjy Wells. I go by I make oil. Some of you might know me from other fourms. I am a former Marine who as my user ID says works in the oil industry. I am currently the Operations Manager for a oil company in West Africa. My job and schedule fortunately allows me to spend time enjoying my favorite things. Hunting and fishing! :D.

I have a spring bear hunt booked in Montana and looking at info on the area found this site. I really enjoy reading the fourms here hope I can make some good contributions,

Welcome to the forum. Good luck on the bear hunt.

You are in a pretty special location, what hunting are you doing over there in between your work schedule?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back