Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hankooks or Coopers?

I know its a whole different tire but I have had Fierce Attitudes on my truck for a while now, they don't have much road noise and do extremely well on gravel, pavement, ice and mud. I have them on a new Ford diesel and they are quiet and have lasted very well and aren't chipping or cupping like you would expect on such an aggressive lug tire.

I got 50k on bfg all terrain on my titan. replaced them with the hankook atm rf 10 and 80k out of them. bought a ram and put more hankooks on it. not one complaint. keep rotating them and checking pressures

I have a set of the Cooper's you describe and so far I am very happy with them. They made it through winter and last falls hunting season in fine fashion and I was impressed with the traction they provided.

Go 10 ply or you will surely regret it. Flat tires you will have periodically!

I have run both Hankook and Coopers. Both are good tires. The factory's put 4 ply on the new trucks to save cost. Use them up and then go to 10 ply. They ride a bit rougher but they hold up so much better. Off road there are some bad things waiting to eat your tires, 10 ply's just plain work better.

I appreciate everyone's input. The guy at the tire place is the one who got me thinking 6 ply saying 10 ply was a bit much for an avalanche but all the replies here have me leaning toward the 10 plys. It is looking like Discount Tire Direct will be quite a bit cheaper with free shipping on both tires, so thank you for that suggestion. Tread Depot was charging for shipping so price was a wash there. I will look into the 3 ply side walls. Thank you again for all of the input. PJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back