Caribou Gear Tarp

Flashlight? Do yall carry one or just your headlamp?

Two headlamps with spare batteries and a small Streamlight Protac2l flashlight. I've only had one instance where I used all three in a single night, and it was on a blood trail. The flashlight seemed easier to use than headlamps for spotting blood.

I carry really good headlamp and one cheap one that clips to a hat

Flashlight and headlamp. Both take the same batteries so i only have to carry 1 size. AA Lithium

Reactions: JDH
2 headlamps, 1 small flashlight and extra batteries for all of them. I have stumbled around in the dark before and I guarantee that it won't happen again.

I carry my main headlamp in my pack. I always have a small backup headlamp in my bino harness, since I never take that off except in camp.

2 headlamps, 2 flashlights, and a pen light type thing. Plus a change of batteries for each.

I have a slight fear of the dark.

2 headlamps and a hand held small light w/ good power. I hold the flashlight on the way out i the dark, occasionally shining the hand held off to where ever I might find a set of eyes looking back.
Glare off the headlamp seems to give me a little light blind ness when it shines off nearby trees
or whatever. Extra battteries for eveything. along with a hat bll light

2 headlamps and a minimag ,rechargable batteries for both. I have others hiding in the house or trucks.

I travel to and from my hunting spots in the dark, both morning and night. For whatever reason, I can see better with the green lens over the red. I keep one for easy access in a zoid pouch on my pack's waist belt and the other deeper inside my Metcalf. I also keep a couple of flashlights in camp.

I'm in the 2 headlamp camp. I saw this advertised and would be curious to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Self admitted flashlight whore here.😆 I ordered one off your link, I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.
FYI , they have free returns, free shipping, and it's bogo right now. What else could you ask for to try a new product?

I have a small flashlight, uses one AAA battery, that I will more readily grab to look in a bag or in the tent. Still have the headlamp but it just doesn't fill that need, nor does the light take up that much room or weight.

Self admitted flashlight whore here.😆 I ordered one off your link, I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.
FYI , they have free returns, free shipping, and it's bogo right now. What else could you ask for to try a new product?
I look forward to hearing your report!

I'm in the 2 headlamp and some extra AAA batteries camp.

Only one time did I wish that I had a strong flashlight was in 2014 in the dark in Wyoming going back on some snow covered stuff with a cliff that my headlamp wasn't strong enough to see the bottom of. I didn't know how tall it was and couldn't see the bottom with my headlamp so we ended up going around about a mile or more.

Turned out it was too tall anyway when we went back in the daylight the next day to get the last load of meat.

I always have a flashlight in my pocket, a small 2x AAA Streamlight. Still have a nice bright light in my pack and a headlamp too
I have a headlamp, extra batteries for the headlamp. I use a mini streamlight as my backup.

Two headlamps with spare batteries and a small Streamlight Protac2l flashlight. I've only had one instance where I used all three in a single night, and it was on a blood trail. The flashlight seemed easier to use than headlamps for spotting blood.
I carry stream light like millerkiller77 and two headlamps as well I have the rechargeable batteries for it and on low setting they are still plenty bright. Charge using a micro USB. The streamlight will also use the lithium batteries it's nice to have both options.

1 really good, powerful, rechargeable headlamp with good battery life. It will run all night if it’s on low or medium. Recharge it in the tent or while glassing.

I used to carry 1 decent headlamp + 1 crappy headlamp. Had both of those fail trying to get out of a big wall of cliffs one night. Decided I wanted to continue living so chose to have a seat and tie myself to a rock to wait for sunrise 13 hours later.

I guess I’ve chosen to have quality gear and eliminate redundancies, knowing that if something like my headlamp breaks, I can have a seat and wait and I’ll be fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back