MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Salmon River Raft trip necessities and favorites?

MThuntr

I'm joining Kaitum and his friends for a float down the Salmon in September. I didn't get any tags and decided a float would be fun. Jeff has a good list of items for each boat to have (water jug, headlamp, daily food and beverage, and assorted camp gear)

Specific needs that I have to order for my raft but unsure of the good ones
small top off pump
better raft repair kit
daily wagbag/groover (gross but necessary)
GRMS radio
comprehensive first aid kit
sand anchor for raft

Help me spend some money...what items do you feel are necessities and what luxuries would you bring?

I'm joining Kaitum and his friends for a float down the Salmon in September. I didn't get any tags and decided a float would be fun. Jeff has a good list of items for each boat to have (water jug, headlamp, daily food and beverage, and assorted camp gear)

Specific needs that I have to order for my raft but unsure of the good ones
small top off pump
better raft repair kit
daily wagbag/groover (gross but necessary)
GRMS radio
comprehensive first aid kit
sand anchor for raft

Help me spend some money...what items do you feel are necessities and what luxuries would you bring?
This book:
1691598143445.png
Rapid map or onx download.
more beer.
a 5 gal bucket with a lit, and a hole cut in the top to allow crushed cans in but not out.
fishing gear.
mask and snorkel.
dry box:https://cascaderivergear.com/product-category/storage/dry-boxes/
sand free mat:https://www.nrs.com/cgear-rv-sand-free-mat/pbgz
The sweet river trip sleeping pads: https://www.nrs.com/nrs-river-bed-sleeping-pad/pfky
giant sun hat.
more beer.

Get a K pump from NRS for your top off pump.

Last time, I used a 5 gal bucket with one of those sealing Gamma screw on lids in combination with the WAG bags. Then put the used bags in a short (2 ft) piece of PVC tube sealed at one end and capped on the other.

One of the screw in yard dog run anchors worked fine for me to bury in the sand and tie the raft to. Store it inside your lidded 5 gal bucket for safe transport in the raft.

Attachments

• 5251769.jpeg
    5251769.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0
On the Selway this summer I learned that you can never have quite enough beer and ice.

I didn’t have one, but was envious of the Paco Pads some of the other folks on our trip had.

Ought to be a super fun trip!

@JLS, There were a bunch of chukars right here last fall. I wasn’t sure about the etiquette (or legality) of head shooting them with a 30 Nosler. Unfortunately, there were not a bunch of elk right there. A bear on that hillside was lucky that I did not want to spook the elk that were not there.

IMG_0640.jpeg

I suppose I could toss in a 16ga just in case a chukar shows up. I'm not sure I want to bring the equipment to handle a bear for an undetermined amount of days.

Got the GMRS radio ordered, found a cheap sand anchor on amazon, and need to get over to NRS and spend too much money on stuff.

I guess I need to make a shitter bucket

I suppose I could toss in a 16ga just in case a chukar shows up. I'm not sure I want to bring the equipment to handle a bear for an undetermined amount of days.

Got the GMRS radio ordered, found a cheap sand anchor on amazon, and need to get over to NRS and spend too much money on stuff.

I guess I need to make a shitter bucket
So, I've done the bucket method and while it works, an actual groover is nicer. You can rent them all around that area. There's also a bunch of dump stations for rafters.

Good drybags, a homemade wash station for camp, a good thick Paco Pad, full sized cot, a good shell for rain or snow, two headlamps w/extra batteries, wet ones.......that's all for now! Buy good beer not the cheap stuff!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back