Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

fixed broadheads???

JWhunter

I am looking for the best broad heads for diameter of cut.... I like the trophy ridge shuttle ones and steel force sabertoothes

I only shoot Slick Tricks...

I am not sure about "diameter of cut" being the main item I would be looking for. It's certainly important, but only if it is still in one piece all the way thru.

I don't think many guys are shooting them, but I had good luck last season with the F-15 fixed blade from Carbon Express. My dad recommended I give them a try. He had a complete pass through on his deer last year and buried the head deep enough in a tree he couldn't pull it out. I shot my buck last season at 40 yards and had a complete pass through. I have to admit though, I didn't have a blood trail to follow but the buck only went about 100 yards and I had hit him high in the lungs. Yet to arrow an elk with one. I have also shot the Muzzy MX-3 out of my bow and it flies true as well. Neither are "large diameter" heads but I only shoot 65 pounds and don't have a "speed bow" so I'll stay away from anything too big.

Been pretty happy with Slick Trick Magnum's. Short, plentiful blood trails have been the norm. :)

Those Shuttle T's left me shaking my head twice.....can't recommend them.

I still shoot the Thunderhead 100's. I have never had a bit of problem with them. I did however shoot a huge whitetail a few years back with a broadhead from Walmart that was on sale...a 3pk for less than $10. . .they were blue, not sure the brand, maybe carbon express? We all know shot placement is the real key right?:)

Used to shoot Sonic 125gr COC broadheads, fly like field points and killed 3 elk and 3 deer with them, with only a 1" cutting diameter. They are very difficult to find on a store shelf, so I switched to Slick Trick magnums, killed one deer so far, good blood trail.

Joe. What happened with the Shuttle T's? Just curious about your experience.

I have the Shuttle T's and am switching to the Terminal T's, if Idaho allowed expandable broad heads I would shoot those no matter what. The Muzzy's aren't a bad way to go either.

I had the same debate going last year....ended up shooting slick trick mags. Couldn't get my bow shooting them well until I switched from an offset to helical vanes (also went from 4" to blazers), then they flew awesome.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back