Caribou Gear Tarp

fixed broadheads???

JWhunter

I am looking for the best broad heads for diameter of cut.... I like the trophy ridge shuttle ones and steel force sabertoothes

I only shoot Slick Tricks...

I am not sure about "diameter of cut" being the main item I would be looking for. It's certainly important, but only if it is still in one piece all the way thru.

I don't think many guys are shooting them, but I had good luck last season with the F-15 fixed blade from Carbon Express. My dad recommended I give them a try. He had a complete pass through on his deer last year and buried the head deep enough in a tree he couldn't pull it out. I shot my buck last season at 40 yards and had a complete pass through. I have to admit though, I didn't have a blood trail to follow but the buck only went about 100 yards and I had hit him high in the lungs. Yet to arrow an elk with one. I have also shot the Muzzy MX-3 out of my bow and it flies true as well. Neither are "large diameter" heads but I only shoot 65 pounds and don't have a "speed bow" so I'll stay away from anything too big.

Been pretty happy with Slick Trick Magnum's. Short, plentiful blood trails have been the norm. :)

Those Shuttle T's left me shaking my head twice.....can't recommend them.

I still shoot the Thunderhead 100's. I have never had a bit of problem with them. I did however shoot a huge whitetail a few years back with a broadhead from Walmart that was on sale...a 3pk for less than $10. . .they were blue, not sure the brand, maybe carbon express? We all know shot placement is the real key right?:)

Used to shoot Sonic 125gr COC broadheads, fly like field points and killed 3 elk and 3 deer with them, with only a 1" cutting diameter. They are very difficult to find on a store shelf, so I switched to Slick Trick magnums, killed one deer so far, good blood trail.

Joe. What happened with the Shuttle T's? Just curious about your experience.

I have the Shuttle T's and am switching to the Terminal T's, if Idaho allowed expandable broad heads I would shoot those no matter what. The Muzzy's aren't a bad way to go either.

I had the same debate going last year....ended up shooting slick trick mags. Couldn't get my bow shooting them well until I switched from an offset to helical vanes (also went from 4" to blazers), then they flew awesome.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back