PEAX Equipment

fixed broadheads???

My wife and I shoot G5 striker and Wac-em. They are nearly identical in design, and get field point flight with blazer vanes. They are a cut on contact point, that can be resharpened. I like them and the price is good.

Montec G5's are my choice. A little spend but well worth it! Fly the same as my field points and they do make practice heads if you so choose. :)

Montec G5's are my choice. A little spend but well worth it! Fly the same as my field points and they do make practice heads if you so choose. :)

I'm just starting out into archery and went with these as well. I like the idea of practice heads because as a newb it gives me some confidence in my shooting as they fly just a hair different than my field points.

It's all about the slick trick 125 magnums. Steel ferrule with a chisel tip to drive thru bone and replaceable blades so there always sharp. With the replaceable blades you can practice with them. Also they have a large cutting diameter with a 4th cutting surface. If I didn't shoot these; I would rock the t's or strikers.

I have been shooting the muzzy MX-4's... they stack right with my fieldips and zip right through an elk. That being said I also just bought some Rage hypodermics and some shuttles to try out. I may carry some others but I am pretty sure there will always be at least one old reliable muzzy in my quiver.

I drew a moose tag that requires the use of a fixed broadhead only (can't use my retractable, expandable, etc), so I'm in the market for some new fixed broadheads. I was at our local sporting good store the other night and the guy was trying to talk me into a new braodhead called "Toxic" made by Flying Arrow Archery. I had never heard of such a thing, it's a relatively new product and the design seems a bit space aged to me... (Okay, I'm a skeptic and didn't take his advice - at least not yet).

It looks like the broadhead could do some serious damage to both animal and your block/3-D targets; serious damage to animal, good...serious damage to targets, not so good. Just curious if anyone ever heard of them, seen them, used them, think of them?

Junkie, the Toxic is interesting for sure and it may turnout to be a great head but if I had a moose tag in my pocket I would use a head with a proven record. There's no reason for you to have to be the Guinea Pig.

I was a fan of Slick Tricks until I switched to Rage expandables. Haven't had a reason to go back. I gave away a couple dozen Muzzy's after my first two seasons, due to bad experiences. I'm sure some of that was my doing as I always had a hell of a time tuning them, but wasn't too impressed with performance either.

You definitely need to tune your bow correctly to shoot muzzy's. Once it is tuned properly thought you should be able to thow just about any head on that will spin test and shoot darts. The only thing I worry about with expandables is the reduced penetration. The block dont lie! is it better to have a bigger cutting diameter or better penetration? Fixed over penetrate on my target almost every time where the expandables rarely come out the back.

As long as I can tune a bow I think I will shoot muzzys or shuttles.... but like I said, I got some hypo's to try out. They could change my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back