Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Do you blame wolves?

Woof threads......

dumpster-fire.jpg

Ok, I'll start over. This thread got out of hand. I openly apologize to MN Public Hunter, JohnCushman and Spook12 for offending you guys. This post was only to judge the feeling of whether or not wolves have PERSONALLY impacted elk hunting in the states you hunt. Soooo. ..... MN Public Hunter, JohnCushman and Spook12, have you hunted elk? In what state? If so have you killed elk? In what state? Do you feel wolves have impacted your hunting? I cannot get any clearer than that. I'm no expert, but I do have experience in elk hunting in wolf country, and I would like to hear yours. Again my apologies, Thanks in advance. mtmuley

Last edited:
I always wonder about the drought idea. How do elk do it in Arizona and New Mexico then? There is something about the drought argument that doesn't make sence to me. So I'm going to blame Democrats that stupid Call of the Wild book.:rolleyes:

I will in the future try to be a bigger person and I accept your acknowledgement we all have differing views and we all need to get along as in the end we are all hunters.

My problem is Randy has blown this wolf thing WAY out of proportion as I stated in my PM to you. As you can see I'm tired of this numbers game about the number of wolves and what they do to the critters of every state. I still say for people to talk about 600 wolves in a state the size of Montana versus 3300 in MN, which is smaller than Montana and the wolves are only in 1/3 of the state.

I will in the future try to be a bigger person and I accept your acknowledgement we all have differing views and we all need to get along as in the end we are all hunters.

My problem is Randy has blown this wolf thing WAY out of proportion as I stated in my PM to you. As you can see I'm tired of this numbers game about the number of wolves and what they do to the critters of every state. I still say for people to talk about 600 wolves in a state the size of Montana versus 3300 in MN, which is smaller than Montana and the wolves are only in 1/3 of the state.

Maybe we should all get together and start a petition to get Randy banned from this site for inciting wolf hate! :rolleyes:

I always wonder about the drought idea. How do elk do it in Arizona and New Mexico then? There is something about the drought argument that doesn't make sence to me. So I'm going to blame Democrats that stupid Call of the Wild book.:rolleyes:

True Dat, BUT............................................AZ and NM do not have even a fraction of winter that CO, UT, WY, MT and ID do.

Carry on Bitches!!

Not too many Montanans going to Minnesota to hunt(wonder why),but sure seems to be a "sotan" around every corner here.I'm thinkin if you are tired of hearing about wolves in Montana ,and people griping about them then find something else to do.If the wolves were eating your walleye and pike I'm sure there would be some grumbling.:D:D Take a chill pill!!!

Ok, I'll start over. This thread got out of hand. I openly apologize to MN Public Hunter, JohnCushman and Spook12 for offending you guys. This post was only to judge the feeling of whether or not wolves have PERSONALLY impacted elk hunting in the states you hunt. Soooo. ..... MN Public Hunter, JohnCushman and Spook12, have you hunted elk? In what state? If so have you killed elk? In what state? Do you feel wolves have impacted your hunting? I cannot get any clearer than that. I'm no expert, but I do have experience in elk hunting in wolf country, and I would like to hear yours. Again my apologies, Thanks in advance. mtmuley

Your not supposed to post anything mean until you at least have 250 posts (about how many it takes to know a damn thing about hunting).

Ok, I'll start over. This thread got out of hand. I openly apologize to MN Public Hunter, JohnCushman and Spook12 for offending you guys. This post was only to judge the feeling of whether or not wolves have PERSONALLY impacted elk hunting in the states you hunt. Soooo. ..... MN Public Hunter, JohnCushman and Spook12, ismith, have you hunted elk? In what state? If so have you killed elk? In what state? Do you feel wolves have impacted your hunting? I cannot get any clearer than that. I'm no expert, but I do have experience in elk hunting in wolf country, and I would like to hear yours. Again my apologies,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmkuH1k7uA

Thanks in advance. mtmuley

Yes, Montana, yes, Montana, yes.

Last edited:
Not too many Montanans going to Minnesota to hunt(wonder why),but sure seems to be a "sotan" around every corner here.I'm thinkin if you are tired of hearing about wolves in Montana ,and people griping about them then find something else to do.If the wolves were eating your walleye and pike I'm sure there would be some grumbling.:D:D Take a chill pill!!!

Amen.

Just because you think you have it worse, doesn't mean we can't complain.

Amen.

Just because you think you have it worse, doesn't mean we can't complain.

Go ahead and complain...I will tell you you are FOS every time. There are wolves here eating critter too...I guess I just don't whine about it like MT people do...LOL.

I suggest you ALL do the math...let me do it for you....

MN - 86,000 SQ miles - 3300+ wolves and most of them in only 1/3 of the state.
MT - 147,000 SQ miles and only 600+ wolves....

Lets keep this thread going...in the end I will win...wait...I have...you are all just whinging about practically nothing.

Better yet...where are all these other "supporters" of all this Randy wolf stuff...Oak and all those guys...speak up...prove me wrong...

Last edited:
Do I blame the wolves, you bet. More so I blame the ones who brought the non native wolves from Canada. Are they impacting the game yes, no matter how many or what state.

Whether it's one wolf or 3300 they need managed. With today's human population we cannot sustain a huge wolf population as Montana had in the 1800's read the history and then make your judgement.

We hunters are the stewards of game management and we should work together and not call each other names and disagree because it just gives the anti crowd the ammo.
If the wolf is not taken seriously as a threat to big game then maybe you should se it as a threat to hunting.

It's time to wake up because these wolves will expand state by state and you better ask your self who will be on the endangered spices list. The writing is on the wall and the plan started with the introduction of wolves.

Better yet...where are all these other "supporters" of all this Randy wolf stuff...Oak and all those guys...speak up...prove me wrong...

Hmmmmm? Please explain.

Dang, I obviously have gotten under your skin, some how, some way. Care to explain in further details?

Not sure what you refer to when you say "all this Randy wolf stuff." Got any examples?

Curious about the reference to ..... My problem is Randy has blown this wolf thing WAY out of proportion ......

Given I seem to have done something that has created a "problem" for you, please oblige me the favor of further explanation or examples.

Are you making a straight comparison between the wolf situation in MN to the wolf situation in MT?

I suspect if "all those guys...speak up" you will get your wish to be proven wrong. Just sayin'.

Back