Caribou Gear Tarp

Comfortable Boots That Won't Break Bank

WBouldin

What boots have you found to be the best bang for your buck? I know there are many on here who spend hundreds on their's but I am just looking to quickly replace mine for a weekend hike in the Sierras.

I have routinely found Salomon Quest boots on sale. I am wearing a pair of Origins right now that I picked up for $150 on Amazon, and I'm very happy with them. The Vasque St. Elias is an excellent boot as well for a similar price.

Do your wallet a favor and check Sierratradingpost's website. You can get an additional 20 to 30% off their already incredible prices on name brand boots. I usually buy Lowas, Scarpas, etc for around $100...which is generally about $100 cheaper than just about anywhere else! ST has incredible customer service and super quick delivery!

Do your wallet a favor and check Sierratradingpost's website. You can get an additional 20 to 30% off their already incredible prices on name brand boots. I usually buy Lowas, Scarpas, etc for around $100...which is generally about $100 cheaper than just about anywhere else! ST has incredible customer service and super quick delivery!

Yes. Sierra Trading Post for boots! Plus, there's a retail store right there in Reno!

For hiking I have a pair of Vasque Sundowner GTX that I've had since 2002. Before that I had a pair that I bought in 1996, but wore every day for 6 years and outgrew them. They're still serviceable. Needless to say, I still wear them A LOT. They have a "unibody" leather outsole that can't come apart since it's one piece of leather. Keep them oiled up and you're only limited by sole wear...

If you buy them from Amazon, be sure to navigate to Amazon via this site so Randy get some site funding and we can keep using the site we love...

https://www.amazon.com/Vasque-Sundowner-Gore-Tex-Waterproof-Backpacking/dp/B002NPD0J8

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back