Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cameron Hanes

I'm all for being mentally tough enough to get the job done, and in a lot of ways i do hunt like him. But I've yet to be beaten with a broomstick while hunting. Being cold, wet, hungry, sore, and sleep deprived is usually the norm for me hunting.

I think it's pretty far out there to say the least.

Not my style.....I prefer more cerebral hunters, who are also tough but don't have to post on twitter, facebook, and instagram every time they run a mile, like Randy Newberg, Steven Rinella, Jim Shockey, to name a few. Cameron Hanes is more concerned about promoting his brand, which more power too him. Who am I to judge how a man makes a living. I just feel like guys like Randy do more for current and future hunters then a guy like Hanes and thats why I purchase products Randy endorses, buy all of Rinellas books and subscribe to Randy on YouTube. Also, im in the sports medicine field with a masters degree and 15 years of experience. The way he trains, those 100+ mile races have been shown to actually cause damage to the heart, damage that is equal to being sedentary and smoking!! No joke.

Not a fan of him. He's so full of himself it's hard to believe. I mean who quotes themselves in their own book?

I wish some of these hunting celebrities would do more for the public land hunter like Randy does.

I like him. He's able to make a living doing what he loves and he gives it his all, while also inspiring and showing others that hard work and dedicaton pays off. He definitely does more than enough self promotion but I can't fault him for it, that's how he pays the bills.

Actually - it's not how he pays the bills... He works a 9-5 job at the local power company. Buyer I think?

I like the guy. He does what works for him, he's made a name for himself, he's successful in the hunting / outdoor industry, and he also frequently says "You don't have to do what I do - that's what works for me."

I'll also have to say, he wouldn't be bad to have around when you have a dead elk on the mountain. I'm sure he could tote a pack full!

I like him. He's able to make a living doing what he loves and he gives it his all, while also inspiring and showing others that hard work and dedicaton pays off. He definitely does more than enough self promotion but I can't fault him for it, that's how he pays the bills.

This only goes so far for him though, He claims a lot of these big bulls are public land bulls. And I believe they are, but he's not the one out there finding them. He has people who do that for him it seems. Hunt after hunt he puts down big bulls in a matter of a couple days and then he is on to the next state.

I find it hard to believe he can kill these giant bulls time and time again without some people doing the leg work for him.

Actually - it's not how he pays the bills... He works a 9-5 job at the local power company. Buyer I think?

I like the guy. He does what works for him, he's made a name for himself, he's successful in the hunting / outdoor industry, and he also frequently says "You don't have to do what I do - that's what works for me."

Ya I have heard him say that he has a job but it has to be pretty dam flexible. I don't think there is enough time in the day for me to train like he does even if I wanted. I am pretty dedicated to my family so I don't see how he can do it all.

I first noticed cam hanes when he started being a guest on Joe Rogan's podcast but he never really interested me as much as when joe did shows with steve rinella or remi warren. He just lacks the intellectual depth and curiosity that the other two have to really be interesting.

I think most of these guys have a "thing" in addition to being pro hunters. Rinella is/was a novelist(I'm bummed he hasn't written an actual novel in a while). Hanes is a fitness junkie.

I can't hate on a meathead like Cam because I am one, but I tend to think that if he had to choose between fitness and hunting he would choose the former. That's not a bad thing, just different than the hunting first mentality that a lot of other guys have.

I think I could have a beer and get along with steve, randy, or remi. I can't say that about Cam.

That podcast he did with Joe Rogan and John Dudley he came across as a total ass when he started to get upset when Dudley pointed out that you don't want to anchor with a thumb behind your neck like cam does. I'm not a big fan of people who lack the maturity to let someone make a point that contradicts them.

I read his book backcountry bowhunting and I give him some credit for being honest about being afraid when he starting doing solo hunts in the back country, but it is obvious that his ego has grown a lot since then.

Pretty much this. I've heard him on Rogan's podcast get asked a question about a thought that Rinella had and it like crickets. I think Randy, Rinella, and Remi are much more cerebral. Nothing wrong with not being as smart as the three R's, but its why I like them more. I heard Rogan talk about how Cam needs to pop Advil every morning to get out of bed, so I don't think its his ego driving him as much as some want to believe. And he is a better role model than Uncle Ted or the dad on WG innovations. But not Tiffany. I like my Tiff. Actually their show is kind of boring to me. I want to see the girl from E. Helena that was on the Extreme Huntress get a show.

Ya I have heard him say that he has a job but it has to be pretty dam flexible. I don't think there is enough time in the day for me to train like he does even if I wanted. I am pretty dedicated to my family so I don't see how he can do it all.

I thought I read a post by him that he works in an archery shop. Which would explain the flexibility of his boss.

Lots of hate on this one.

I've found Cameron Hanes to be an inspiration. Obviously, the more miles you can put in, the more arrows you shoot and the more weight you can lift translates into more options while hunting. I am a changed person after reading "Bowhunting the Backcountry". Maybe I'm not an absolute beast, but I have come a long way and it was partially because of this book and Cam's obsession.

That guy is dedicated! Kudos to him.

I thought I read a post by him that he works in an archery shop. Which would explain the flexibility of his boss.

Nope he works for a local utility company in purchasing. He also posted something about Rogan convincing him to get off the Advil. I realize I know way to much about him. I listen to POD cast while I am driving and I drive a lot.

The hunting community has room for lots of different kind of folks. They don't all have to be the same. I am pretty sure the dude does most stuff right. I don't recall him getting pinched for breaking the law. That is good enough for me.

If I surrounded myself with people that only think and act like me it would be a pretty boring world.

Obviously, the more miles you can put in, the more arrows you shoot and the more weight you can lift translates into more options while hunting.

Obviously? The only thing more queer than some of the photos, are those guys that want to lick the sweat from his under amour.

Thank goodness hunting season is right around the corner.

Must be some serious boredom setting in!

Me included as I posted on this thread.

Antelope opens Monday thank the lord!

If I surrounded myself with people that only think and act like me it would be a pretty boring world.

Absolutely. But that's the beauty of Rinella especially. I think he challenges us as hunters sometimes. I like that.

No hate for Cam from me. I was motivated by some of his videos initially. When I saw something I could aspire to physically. When he was running 6 miles twice a day or whatever. But he's to the point now where I don't aspire to be a body builder and run 100k's. So he doesn't have the same motivating effect for me anymore.

Back