Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Cameron Hanes

I really don't understand the hate. I don't agree with everything he does but I am certainly not going to take the time to publicly make fun of him hiding behind a keyboard. A few reasons to not hate him:

1. He is a hunter
2. He is a bow hunter
3. He works a full time job outside of hunting industry
4. He promotes fitness; many folks need motivation
5. He gives bows to kids for free
6. He gets others into bow hunting
7. He defended hunters in the Cecil the lion debate on national tv
8. He diligently shoots his bow (yes his style isn't for everyone)
9. His passion for hunting is undeniable
10. Listen to him talk about his buddy Roy Roth who recently died in a hunting accident

That is all.

forgot the 80 pound draw weight :hump:

I used to think they were ridiculous also but I am thinking about going to it for my next bow. Here is the thought.

I switched to a single pin slider site. I wanted to shoot out to 100, not at animals just for the heck of it. I am shooting a 70lb 30" bow with Easton Axis arrows. They are 10.2 grains per inch so they are on the heavy side. With that bow and arrow combo I can only shoot out to 70 yards. Anything more my arrow fletching will hit the bottom of the site housing.

We have a great community here (the greatest, IMO), but this kind of stuff doesn't represent us very well.

We have like 100 posts in this thread straight out of the 7th grade. "Cameron's got the cooties!"

I will say that tower climb was totally hardcore though..

PS. Good luck in the bigfoot 200.

I'm concerned as to how long Cam will be able to keep this pace up. Concerned for his health anyway. I am the same age as he is, and I'm in fairly good shape, relatively speaking, but nowhere close to as good of shape that he is in. He will feel the pressure to keep excelling physically. His mind will continue to say "Go", but his body will not, and he will then be devastated. Go back two months ago when I had the Carotid Artery dissection from pushing it too hard and I was devastated, and came extremely close to having a stroke. He may want to branch off and find another niche in the hunting industry to fill and fall back on.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back