BHA Rendezvous 2017

Sorry to miss you guys but I'm home with sick kiddo. I still hope to make it down Saturday morning. See you then.

Best to your "hurry up and wait" setting, Shoots-Straight.
I'm unable to make Paul's and most likely will not make it for the remainder of the event. Family matters have risen.

Come to think of it, I suppose the "Friday" & "Weekend Prize" 3 -7 "ticks" (?) I've purchased are void if not present or because I purchased them via the text/website, Givesmart, they may be held or sent to me? I recall reading some items needed to be present to claim, others not. Anyone recall? All to a fantastic cause, regardless however I planned to win all! Dag-nab-it!

Last edited:
BHA certainly knows how to throw a party. I love going to this thing each year and catching up on all of the prior year's tall tales. They really nailed it with the Rendezvous nomenclature.

Newberg killed it at the Wilma. If this whole TV hunter gig falls through he's got a career telling jokes in bars waiting.

Also, who knew Steve was the boring brother? Holy cow did Matt Rinella have that place rolling.

Can't wait until next year.

Wyoming, Chapter of the Year!! Very proud day for the Wyoming membership!

Nice to meet all of the Huntalkers at the Rendezvous. Hope to see all of you again!

17799262_10154259196215740_7288762340742859194_n.jpg

Just walked in the door and completely wiped out from fitting a week of visits and podcasts in two days. I had a blast visiting with everyone. Did not so many Hunt Talkers would be there. Some very passionate people who do some great things on behalf of public lands.

I think Josh had the best idea of the entire Rondy when he came up with the #RealGreenDecoy 2017 social media campaign. J.R. needs to post a sneak preview on this for the crowd to see. I say we do a pre-launch for the upcoming bear season.

Thanks to all who visited. I apologize to those who I did not spend enough time with. I appreciate the efforts of every badass advocate who was there.

See you in Boise next year.

Definitely a great time! I had a ball catching up with everyone and telling hunting stories. It was more relaxed and laid back for me this year. I only caught one of the seminars when Scott Luber gave his Seven Mountains, Seven Rams presentation, but that was definitely worth watching.

Funny how everyone's taste in storytelling varies. Ryan Callahan had me in stitches with his story of the bear and "beautiful Dom".

The mental image of Fin's dad with his green polyester pants stitched together at the crotch by an errant cast of a Pikee Minnow was pretty funny as well.

I'm all over that #realgreendecoy campaign

I sure wanted to go. Too many things going on. Soccer game, softball field clean up day, and sited the place where we're going to build our new house. Good things, but still sure wanted to go while it's still in Missoula.

One heck of a good time, although I did not catch up with as many people as I wanted. Pretty much every time I turned around I ran into a good conversation and time. Can't wait for Boise!

Congrats, Shoots.

It definitely was an awesome weekend of "souped-uppedness".

Had a great time getting back together with old friends, and met a bunch of new ones. JR and Ryan's seminar was offal......;). Scott Luber is apparently one of the baddest dudes alive. I was always curious about Bambi's old signature block, I am no more.

All in all, outstanding weekend. Can't wait for Boise.

Congrats on the new hunting partner Shoots! It was worth missing all the fun of the Rendezvous for that!

I'm sure J.R is too humble to mention it, but he and the other chefs killed it at the Field to Table dinner on Thur. And no, my pockets weren't deep enough to sit with the uppity ups at the muckety muck, but I had a better gig. Quigley and I were part of the motley pack of gully slaves,fixing fires, stirring pots and lending a hand where needed. We got to chow down on the leftovers after the guests had been served. J.R's moose consomme' served over thyme and morel infused flan was incredible. I don't know if he was wondering where the pint or so of leftovers in the stock pot disappeared to but most of it made it into my coffee cup. While everyone else was choking down imported fine wines, I was sipping the good stuff!

Big Fin, after you ante'ed up to have Ty come and film for you, I was feeling pretty lucky that I got him to come and film the Hunttalk Bear hunt with us for nothing more than promises of hard hikes, ticks, beers and jalapeno poppers around the campfire. I do think the humane thing to do would be to buy Marcus his own tent though if Ty is insistent on flashing his Moobs around on your hunt.

Wow, sounds like a great time. Even better than usual!

I'm curious if any HT'ers attended the Orion seminar on wounding and ethics and what your thoughts were on the presentation.

Congrats to Buzz and the entire Wyoming chapter, well deserved award! Also congrats to "shoots" for a new public land advocate to the fold!

I made it Friday, checked in at Stone Creek, ready to head out for a night of good times... and discovered my daughter almost set her school on fire. Who knew Easy Mac would set a microwave on fire!!??!!??... She pulled a kid move and forgot to add water. Amazing! Anyhow, back home. Bet she will not forget water again, IF she still has a taste for easy mac after that episode. Haha! All is well, the microwave caught fire, (I was told engulfed in flames) though was able to be put out.

Wyoming, Chapter of the Year!! Very proud day for the Wyoming membership!

Nice to meet all of the Huntalkers at the Rendezvous. Hope to see all of you again!

View attachment 69693

Big congrats to our WY folks for being a critical momentum push for all of us! Grats all around!

HUGE GRATS to S--->S for his family tree addition! What a beauty!

Last edited:
Back