Who all here has won a Sheep raffle?

WesternRookie

What species did you win?
What raffle was it?
When was this?
Did you get a ram?
Pic of ram?
Any details of the hunt?

Would love to hear as much detail as you care to share. I thought this thread would help motivate people to get their wallets out to buy tickets, as well as give us all hope!

What raffle was it?
When was this?
Did you get a ram?
Pic of ram?
Any details of the hunt?

Would love to hear as much detail as you care to share. I thought this thread would help motivate people to get their wallets out to buy tickets, as well as give us all hope!
I’ll come back to this thread and update on 5/4 when @Khunter calls my name at RMBS

What raffle was it?
When was this?
Did you get a ram?
Pic of ram?
Any details of the hunt?

Well I won a Dall sheep hunt at a Utah FNAWS banquet in 2009. The winner of the previous year was asked to draw the ticket and he drew his own name. He didn't think it fair for him to win again so he drew my name, basically giving me his hunt. The hunt was in 2010 and I was also able to work out a deal at a reduced price to take my then 23 year old son on the hunt as well. We hunted with Arctic Red River Outfitters in the NWT. It was a brutal 10 day backpack hunt but ultimately it was the most incredible hunt I've ever experienced. It literally changed my life.
My son and I both killed great rams (see my avatar). We also both killed giant Mountain Caribou. I never win anything, but I got lucky that time.

Attachments

• IMG_1044 copy 2.JPG
    IMG_1044 copy 2.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 66
I was there that night littlebighorn. Surprised that guy gave it up.
The really interesting thing about that is right after the banquet he found out he had cancer. He wouldn't have been able to go on the hunt anyway, but with treatment he eventually conquered the cancer. Despite us being complete strangers we have since become good friends and we get together every year at the hunting shows. He attributes his recovery to the good karma that came from his generous act. His kindness was certainly a blessing to me. I hope I can draw again some day so I can pass it on to someone else.

The closest I have ever got was this past sheep show that a guy we know through our party of friends we always get together with won a sheep hunt at the less than one reception. Pretty cool and exciting for him. We celebrated that night! He goes in 2025.

Hopefully this time next month I can report back that I have indeed been one of the few to win a hunt after the expo.

Back