Bag Dump

pablodiablo

Hi everyone, I'm new to western hunting and building my lists of things to bring out with me for a colorado rifle elk backpack hunt. I loved a video Randy did called a "Bag Dump" where he showed his gear and what he brings out with him. However, I'm curious to see what everyone else brings on hunts. If you have a list saved somewhere, and would be willing to share it, I would be super excited to see what everyone brings with them, and what's important to everyone.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a list handy and willing to share it with a new guy.

Here's my pretty standard packing list for a western hunt after a couple years of figuring out what is necessary and what isn't. I'm a chronic over-packer so it helps to make a list of everything needed beforehand and try to be pretty strict about what comes with me. Some of the clothing choices will be last minute decisions based on weather forecasts, but what's listed is pretty much set for 2-3 day WY pronghorn hunt and could pretty easily be converted to a backpack hunt with some minor changes.

Item Quantity
Rem 700 .30-06, Vortex Viper HSLR 4-16x44, Sling, Bipod, Stock Pack 1
HSM TG 168gr 20rd Box 2
Nikon Monarch Binos 1
Vortex Rangefinder 1
BogPod and Mounts 4
Delorme inReach 1
Garmin 64st 1
Anemometer 1
AGC Bino Pack 1
Exo Mountain Gear 3500 1
Camelbak Bladders 2
Ozark/Pelican Cooler 1
FL Kanabs 1
FL Corrugates 1
ExOfficio Boxers 2
FL North Branch 1
FL Uncomphagre 1
FL Chama 1
FL Llano 1
FL Suspenders 1
Marmot Precip Jacket 1
Asolo Boots 1
Smartwool Socks 4
Blaze hat 1
Blaze beanie 1
Sitka Beanie 1
Kill Kit (Havalon, Rubber Gloves, Elec Tape, Zip Ties, Blades, Game Bags) 1
1-2 gallon Ziplocks (trash) 4
Mountain House 5
Snacks (Day's worth) 5
10 gallon gas can 1
Camp TP 2
Hiking TP 3
Dry bags 2
IFAK 1
Sawyer Squeeze 1
Platypus Bladders 2
Tent 1
Sleeping Bag 1
Sleeping Pad 1
Backcountry Kit (Paracord, meds, duct tape, zip ties, multitool, lighter, spare batteries, etc) 1

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back