Yeti GOBOX Collection

‘23 Iowa whitetail

The sun set on another season at 5:19. I didn’t even see a deer today until well after shooting hours. My success in the late season relies on getting deer on a pattern. I just couldn’t do that for whatever reason this year. I think the deer were content in the woods eating acorns and twigs and didn’t need to come out to feed. I need to adapt my hunting to better match the conditions. This is the second year in a row I’ve been skunked in the late season.

The sun set on another season at 5:19. I didn’t even see a deer today until well after shooting hours. My success in the late season relies on getting deer on a pattern. I just couldn’t do that for whatever reason this year. I think the deer were content in the woods eating acorns and twigs and didn’t need to come out to feed. I need to adapt my hunting to better match the conditions. This is the second year in a row I’ve been skunked in the late season.

You worked at it @Gellar
It cannot be said you did not pursue it

You worked at it @Gellar
It cannot be said you did not pursue it
Thanks for the kind words. It was getting more difficult as the days ticked down knowing the forecast was not cooperating and the were neither. All in all it was a successful season. I missed a buck that I don’t know its size but it was fun chasing it through the swampy snow. Now it’s time to do a few house chores and ice fish!

If next week's forecast would have been have a week or week and a half earlier big bucks would have been droppin' like prom dresses.
I know, season ends here Sunday but with plowing snow and watching kids while the wife works this weekend I don't know that I'm gonna get out again. I think it's in the bag for me as well.

I know, season ends here Sunday but with plowing snow and watching kids while the wife works this weekend I don't know that I'm gonna get out again. I think it's in the bag for me as well.
What's your forecast calling for? TV says 4-8 and Weather Channel says 12 inches. Everything is frozen hard now so ANY wind is going to be a bitch out here in the flats.

What's your forecast calling for? TV says 4-8 and Weather Channel says 12 inches. Everything is frozen hard now so ANY wind is going to be a bitch out here in the flats.
All over the place, anywhere from 6 to 12. Bout as flat as it gets here too.

So you heading out this last weekend? I've got a 2-3 day starting tomorrow and hopefully a hot date with toppling Goliath night 2

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back