MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

‘23 Iowa whitetail

1703984860648.png
1703984887429.jpeg
1703984916527.jpeg
Pictures from the day. I saw 17 does and 1 buck. The buck I watched for 20 minutes from 120 yards as he worked closer to around 40 before he caught my wind. He was a beautifully tall, narrow 8 point. With 11 days left to hunt he’s not the one for me. At this point if I don’t kill him he will most likely make it through and be a deer to look forward to next year.

Tons of predator tracks.

27 and little balls of freezing ice hitting the windows. I went outside last night to pee (god help anyone who ever jacks my ring camera) and it sounded like a stampede of deer out of the yard. If there’s anything that makes me more trigger happy than deer eating my trees I don’t know what it is.

3 Days Left to hunt. I have not been able to get on a consistent pattern this year l. It seems the deer will hit a field hard one night and not be in it again for 2 or 3 nights. The season goes out January 10 and I plan on being in my consistent spots every evening. We have a strong weather system moving in tonight through tomorrow. I’m hoping for some activity tonight before the storm and then tomorrow evening as the storm departs and the deer begin to move again. With fresh snow, I might try and do some still hunting on Wednesday!

2 small bucks got a pass tonight. I’ve seen them both fairly regularly. I thought for sure there’d be more feeding tonight. 2 days left.
Went for a ride tonight myself and didn't see near as many critters out feeding as I thought I would. Tells me maybe they know more than the weatherman. They usually do.

Went for a ride tonight myself and didn't see near as many critters out feeding as I thought I would. Tells me maybe they know more than the weatherman. They usually do.
depending on what weatherman you listen to they’ve either been calling for the storm to miss us or it will be the end of the world as we know it. Right now they are calling for it to be about in the middle, but not surprisingly they keep pushing it back later and later. Our school already cancelled for tomorrow. When they do that it usually amounts to nothing.

depending on what weatherman you listen to they’ve either been calling for the storm to miss us or it will be the end of the world as we know it. Right now they are calling for it to be about in the middle, but not surprisingly they keep pushing it back later and later. Our school already cancelled for tomorrow. When they do that it usually amounts to nothing.
Hoping the snow is minor because the wind is supposed to be nasty! I've got the blade on my 4wheeler and my dad has his diesel tractor ready to go. We'll be good as long as the power stays on. 🤞

Hoping the snow is minor because the wind is supposed to be nasty! I've got the blade on my 4wheeler and my dad has his diesel tractor ready to go. We'll be good as long as the power stays on. 🤞
they are 20-30 mph sustained and 40 mph gusts. It’s supposed to be right at freezing, hopefully the snow is heavy enough it doesn’t blow.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back