Down south, an annual adventure

Part of the grand tradition of hunting camp is explaining to mom how the kids learned what a Cleveland steamer is.

Do your part to keep the tradition alive, @Nick87 & good luck!!
Do you think a verbal explanation enough or is a demonstration after the kids go to bed necessary for full understanding?

Well sir poops a lot seems to be plugged up for the time being. I asked him if he wanted to stay home or go with me trying to nudge him into staying home with his cousins and Grandma and play. He wouldn't take no for an answer says he wants to go wants to get deer meat. I said okay, meanwhile trying to hide a big s*** ass eating grin. Gotta love em.

Fill him up with string cheese! Kid won't crap for a week!

Sure wish I would have been hunting today. Got home from grocery shopping and with the rain today my boot heel slipped on the hardwood floor and down I went. Don't recall any pop but I'm fairly sure my ACL is messed up. Knee wants to buckle to the inside. I have my old hinged brace on and ice on it. Tomorrow will be the day to figure out how bad it feels. So far it seems better than the other knee did so I have hope!

Fill him up with string cheese! Kid won't crap for a week!

Sure wish I would have been hunting today. Got home from grocery shopping and with the rain today my boot heel slipped on the hardwood floor and down I went. Don't recall any pop but I'm fairly sure my ACL is messed up. Knee wants to buckle to the inside. I have my old hinged brace on and ice on it. Tomorrow will be the day to figure out how bad it feels. So far it seems better than the other knee did so I have hope!
I hope its nothing fingers crossed.

This is some of the worst hunting I've ever seen down here heard maybe 3 shots tonight. Zero deer. I've never gone more than one ait without seeing something. Oh well tomorrow is a new day. Got to take him to great grandpa's Taj mahal. Tonight which he thought was cool.20231201_141614.jpg20231201_142909.jpg20231201_161729.jpg

Kids getting sick during the worst possible time is the ultimate test of one’s fortitude. I’ve canceled a lot of trips because of it.

Mine held the shed I found yesterday when I got home today.

I dig that Taj Mahal!

Kids getting sick during the worst possible time is the ultimate test of one’s fortitude. I’ve canceled a lot of trips because of it.

Mine held the shed I found yesterday when I got home today.

I dig that Taj Mahal!
It's different that's for sure. Grandpa is pretty thrifty need to buy him a new chair. Thing is louder than hell in there.

This is the worst deer hunting I've ever seen down here. Hoping it's the weather. I've been coming down for over 20 years and could count on one hand the sits where I've not seen a deer. Day 3 and I haven't so much as a glimpse, crazy. Figured this slam dunk woukd be a good one for a live hunt. It's not over til it's over.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back