Yeti GOBOX Collection

2023 Montana Draw!!!!

That’s already covered by people able to purchase 2 preference points if they are going with an outfitter. The odds are better with 2 points compared to 0 points so it isn’t the guide and outfitter that benefits from the allocation to zero point holders.
The 0 point 25% existed before the 2 point buy-in for outfitted clients I thought.

The 0 point 25% existed before the 2 point buy-in for outfitted clients I thought.
The reason was to give people entering the draw a chance no matter what. With most preference point systems you're basically screwed until you hit the required points. Now people have the choice to either enter the draw with zero points and have a chance or buy a point and plan on hunting the following year with two.

The reason was to give people entering the draw a chance no matter what. With most preference point systems you're basically screwed until you hit the required points. Now people have the choice to either enter the draw with zero points and have a chance or buy a point and plan on hunting the following year with two.
That only makes sense if the preference point level to draw is really high. When the max number of preference points is 3, it is stupid as hell to have a set aside for people with 0 points. Earning 3 points isn't a high hurdle for people jumping in. Plus, a good number of people with 1 point would draw if they removed that set aside. It is a dumb idea that gives MT a bad look.

That only makes sense if the preference point level to draw is really high. When the max number of preference points is 3, it is stupid as hell to have a set aside for people with 0 points. Earning 3 points isn't a high hurdle for people jumping in. Plus, a good number of people with 1 point would draw if they removed that set aside. It is a dumb idea that gives MT a bad look.
I disagree, it doesn’t give Montana a bad look. Every state has their own draw process, some are better than others. You are also assuming that 3 will always be the max…I wouldn’t bet on that.

I drew the license but not the permit, I am floored. I had more points going into the permit than anyone who drew last year and thought I was pretty much a lock. Taking 80% rebate and a big kick in the head

I drew the license but not the permit, I am floored. I had more points going into the permit than anyone who drew last year and thought I was pretty much a lock. Taking 80% rebate and a big kick in the head
I opted to keep my bg combo , I drew in the 0 pp pool and then didn’t draw a permit that , based on bonus points , I should have drawn several years ago . But whatever . I’m going elk hunting

Happened to me for like 3 years before I drew a permit what statistically should have been around an 8 point draw took 11.

This is meant as a serious question but can you explain why?Thank you.
Why does it help you? Maybe with some easier to draw LE permits the points might. I think basing when you will draw a permit based on bonus points is foolish. mtmuley

Why does it help you? Maybe with some easier to draw LE permits the points might. I think basing when you will draw a permit based on bonus points is foolish. mtmuley
In a random drawing (with or without regular bonus points, squared, or cubed bonus points) there is never a certainty of drawing, and there is no way to predict how the chips will fall until they have fallen, but it is foolish to think that bonus points don’t increase your odds in the MT drawing. They’re numbers and it comes down to mathematical probability, not mathematical certainty. The bonus point stats page doesn’t help things by being a bit misleading in the last column. The % successful column shows how many individuals in that point group were successful. Who cares about that statistic, it’s almost meaningless. The column should give you the odds overall since your app is competing with everyone’s, not just those in that point category. IMG_8167.jpeg

In a random drawing (with or without regular bonus points, squared, or cubed bonus points) there is never a certainty of drawing, and there is no way to predict how the chips will fall until they have fallen, but it is foolish to think that bonus points don’t increase your odds in the MT drawing. They’re numbers and it comes down to mathematical probability, not mathematical certainty. The bonus point stats page doesn’t help things by being a bit misleading in the last column. The % successful column shows how many individuals in that point group were successful. Who cares about that statistic, it’s almost meaningless. The column should give you the odds overall since your app is competing with everyone’s, not just those in that point category. View attachment 273454
I'll continue to be foolish with all my meaningful points. mtmuley

So how long until Sy realizes that the new “2 preference points with an outfitter” no longer guarantees the client a tag and starts lobbying to change it to 3?

Back